Trailer Boat regattas!!

Island Time

Hmmm... wonder if we can get the new boat launched by then. Could be a bit of fun for the first outing!

Do you think you will be eligible as a trailer boat. Interested to see how you go with that. I think you require bunks and head room and other stuff !

Hmmm... wonder if we can get the new boat launched by then. Could be a bit of fun for the first outing!

Do you think you will be eligible as a trailer boat. Interested to see how you go with that. I think you require bunks and head room and other stuff !

We need to do a few things to qualify as a trailer yacht. The bunks are almost finished already! The NZTYA are reviewing the plans at the moment but the boat should qualify based on the measurement criteria.

I'm also trying to make sure that its possible to get the boat up to Cat-3 if I want to later on so things like toerails are going the foredeck and removable stanchions and a pulpit.

Its a bit different to the vision that Tim had for the boat but I want to make sure that it can fit into as many boxes as possible.

We need to do a few things to qualify as a trailer yacht. The bunks are almost finished already! The NZTYA are reviewing the plans at the moment but the boat should qualify based on the measurement criteria.

I'm also trying to make sure that its possible to get the boat up to Cat-3 if I want to later on so things like toerails are going the foredeck and removable stanchions and a pulpit.

Its a bit different to the vision that Tim had for the boat but I want to make sure that it can fit into as many boxes as possible.

Its a hard ask for a boat to have different modes. I tried this on High'n'Fibre but ended up with the tamest sportboat (thanks to keeping the 400kg bulb), the most extreme trailer yacht (as its 30 years never than the fleet) and the smallest hotrod (in keelboat mode) that had a very narrow performance range.

We had some fun in her though!

Yeah I know what you mean... with a shorter rig and a 300kg bulb it ain't going to be in the same league as the sportys and some of the extra gear will slow her down a bit more too. I'll be able to play with the local trailer yachts down here and still do the odd race in Aucks when I feel like it.

I'm more focused on having a bit of fun with it and doing a few races along the way. Might even catch a few fish with it!

Only 5 weeks to Ice Breaker. Please start getting the entries in. If you are looking for accomadation options please PM me.

The E5.9 Assn is pretty confident of at least 16 Elliott 5.9's from Auckland and north - hoping to see some BOP and Wellington boats as well. We have our next event at Marsden Cove this coming weekend so will ask everyone to enter asap.

By the way, we are planning to have a brand new E5.9 hull and deck on trailer at the Auckland Boat Show 25-29 Sept and available for purchase afterwards.

new boat 1.JPG

Archived