Deliveries prior to entering the superyacht world

will_hay

Hi all,

This is my first post in this forum, was guided here from another forum regarding pursuing my career in the Superyacht world. i'm looking for some prior experience with some crossings, Whats around? Paid and unpaid.

William

You should keep your eyes on this forum. As has already been said quite a few yachts will be coming from the Islands down to NZ around November. And some of them will be wanting crew, there have already been a few notices here to that effect over the last month or two. The trick is in getting the first passage under your belt, a lot of owners are reluctant to take someone on without passage experience.

I did my first crewing passage from Tonga to NZ last year, and am now planning to crew for someone this Nov from Fiji to NZ. Both were arranged through this forum.

In both instances we have 3 on board, and the arrangement is that I get myself to and from the yacht at my expense, but once on board the owner supplies all food, fuel etc. I think this is a fairly standard arrangement however to get that vital first passage you may need to be willing contribute a bit more.

If you don't get a passage this year then there is the return to the islands that occurs around March.

Hi Will,

We are about to do a delivery bringing our yacht back to NZ from Charleston South Carolina. We are looking for a crew member with sailing experience for the Panama to NZ leg.

Should be in Panama in 3/4 weeks. Plan to go via Galapagos Islands, Tahiti, Tonga arriving NZ early December.

Archived