Oil changing / extracting

tmouse

Yes the vacuum pumps work well and are also good for other things like pumping bilge, emergency fuel tank

The one burnsco has is good - that's what I got - but I think places like repco and super cheap auto have the same or similar

There are Cheap, which are not so cheap and there are expensive and they are good but REALLY expensive. The Cheap not so cheap ones have a cheap nasty metal vane pump. These units are a sqaure'ish plastic body shape and a little pump head mounted on the end. I wouldn't bother with one. The expensive ones have a proper gear pump or sometimes a nitrile impellor pump. They work really well.

I don't now why Marne engines do not all come with a pump mounted as part of the Marinisation. I know of only on e engine that has a little hand pump fitted.

+ another 1 on the vacuum pumps. I had an electric one that lasted about a year. I replaced it with a vacuum one - since then I've done about 15 oil changes with it, and it's great!

My Nanni 37.5hp has a manual one fitted -makes changing oil so easy-just fit a container to end of pipe and start pumping...as Wheels said- such a handy thing to have inbuilt don't know why it isn't almost standard

Archived