Re-naming a boat? Good or Bad

SeaEagleii

ok So we bought our little Tracker -

We changing the name to 'Zem' - which is from the book - Life the Universe and Everything - it is a staggeringly stupid swamp dwelling mattress in the book.. don't always take life all that seriously ....

What do people think about changing a boats name..??

There is a form of ceremony in the document attached. I came upon this when contemplating changing the name of my boat.

I would improve this ceremony by substituting "Rum" wherever the word "Champagne" is mentioned.

The ceremony is attached as a PDF

a.f.u

[attachment=0]Ceremony for Renaming Your Boat.pdf[/attachment]

Winner!! Rum sounds like a much better idea!

The hardest part about renaming is getting the old name off. Just do it.

Now that appeals - bit of methylated spirit and some polish hey..??!

Lol my last big 1000s of miles trip - I left on a Friday with a boat full of bananas - they thought me crazy before i announced that ... Then they just laughed and left me for dead LMAO :lol: May do the ceremony just for a laugh .. Kids will love it ;)

Good idea provided new name is better (much better !).Good idea also to get your local tohunga to rename it at relaunching to ward off the evils. And I'm not superstitious !!!!!

Old name is Liebling - way too serious for a Tracker! Good little boat but to call it .. My little love ( or something like that) in German .. Is way too serious for us!

Can't live with that ..

Hmm I have heard much worse names, of course all this name changing does tend to remove the boats history and can reduce the vessels worth - witness the Pied Pipers etc, once they started changing names with each owner the fleets value dropped through the floor as it took true sleuthing to find the good ones.

That renaming ceremony smacks of Americana, think I prefer the kiwi alternative also mentioned!

"Pour at least half of the bottle of Champagne into the sea from East to West. The remainder may be passed among your guests."

"At this point, one bottle of Champagne, less one glass for the master and one glass for the mate are poured into the sea from West to East."

outrageous waste of booze!

It would be more painful to pour out rum, Id stick to Champagne

Lmao ...bought it for 6k. Don't think it's dropping much more in value ;) Will spend another 3-4k and that should be a pretty rigged little tracker for its job - our Zem the staggeringly stupid swamp dwelling mattress :-)

Sorry but I have had to rename "Trainsmash" ..... something that reflects my personality (so I have been told)

Superstitious, not really but will be renamed with some sort of ceremony, mainly for a bit of fun. Like the rum idea

How can I be superstitious, I work on a ship that has green thro'out and women onboard.... not to mention the bananas etc etc etc .... ohh and we sail Fridays

Bwaaaahaaaahaaa Trainsmash !!!

You named it that? Or changing it?

Lmao that's the opposite end of ' my little love' Liebling -

What are people thinking ?!

Well I guess people will say that about Zem lol

- our staggeringly stupid swamp dwelling mattress ..lmao

If you changing .. From Trainsmash to what?

Archived