Beau 770

Hiyah Beau, Ive been following since the canter then waiting but worth the wait Luv her How much weight will you put in keel ,assuming your around 150- 200 kg. Organised the rig yet Thanks for Pics cheers

Hiyah Beau, Ive been following since the canter then waiting but worth the wait Luv her How much weight will you put in keel ,assuming your around 150- 200 kg. Organised the rig yet Thanks for Pics cheers

Bit more than the 150 - 200 you are suggesting. Because she isn't canting I've used approx. 300 in the bulb plus the steel in the keel ( estimated ) 60 k's.

Boat is designed to cat.2 standards as far as stability goes. If we add another 26kg we would qualify for cat.1.

Rig is aluminium from John Bennett. He has a new light section.

The idea of the project is to build in ply and include an ally rig as well as other basic stuff. Price driven !

Thanks for the reply love the comment wife driven been there!

do you mind telling us a bit on how you formed the ply ,male or female mould , girder or two down the guts ,ply with outer f/g skin only and is she trailer legal width or is she wider[or the trailer in photo narrow].Have you weighed her? I like the amount of rocker you have given to the her Just like her all round! cheers

Re the build. She was done the old school way. Built over customwood frames @ 500 centres with stringers @ approx. 300 centres. ( male mould ). The keelson and chine stringers were permanent ( glued ) and the rest discarded though that will change next time. Bottom of hull is double diag 3 and 4 mm ply so bends easy. As you can see the sides are slab so very little bending required. Sheathed with 450 grm double bias glass.

Without going into too much detail, bunk fronts, cockpit sides, ring frames etc. were put in after turning over using tape and glue.

Idea is to have a kit-set ( flat pack ) of frames available for sale after the prototype has been sailing. ( though in saying that, one more starting soon ).

Total width is under 3 mtrs. She is a centre board boat so designed for trailer. Just need to observe road rules which were 'use over width signs, travel in daylight with lights on' though they might have changed since my last boat.

No weight yet, only estimated but will let you know. ( bulb is 300 kg. )

thanks to Matt have got back into the site after the up grade  was bustin a gut to see the photos

just before losing access to the site had used the search  and found more entries for the 770 with more photos and description   

now no photos  !!!

this budget but consummate design speaks volumes    from Ropers somewhere in northland  Dibleys Scottish 950  through to Tillers Tack Hammer    love where things are going     hows the build going for Fizzle ? 

Sorry about the late reply. I cant log on no matter what I try and had no reply from the boss so I created a new a/c. Thought that would be a simple way to go.

Regarding the photos, I have asked my friend Pumbaa to get them back on here for me as he is much smarter than I am. ??

Progress is slow at the moment  with Xmas and my sons wedding last weekend plus a bit of surgery.

Back into it today sanding the final undercoat on the bottom. Will then turn her back over ( again ) and complete painting and the wrap.

If anyone wants the photos sent to them , let me know.

Cheers Mark

Hi mark Mark, I have PM'd You with the "problems logging in" article from the front page. It is likely your account had the wrong email address. Do you want it fixed, or are you happy using this one? Site rules state you can only have one account....

Thanks

Matt

Thanks Pumbaa  just good to see the pics again   need something for the brain to old cojatate state but but  ... could I ask for more sir  would you be able to help Beau [guest]  repost photos of construction  June 23  and  Sept 18 ?? Beau 770 posts  cheers huey