Kiwis and Oracle do not mix well.

smithy09

Now it seems Joe Spooner has been sacked from Oracle and is Suing them for his total loss of wages. US$25K a month. Not bad coin!

http://www.sailingscuttlebutt.com/2015/02/19/lawsuit-americas-cup-defender-may-seize-boat/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

The court document is worth a read as it details bonuses etc..

So Mr. Ketchup. What does that mean exactly? Are you saying that Joe Spooner was not good enough, and where do you come by that information? Or are you just making a comment that can mean anything?

I would think that there could be a million reasons why Joe Spooner was dumped. Not achieving "high standards" would be low on that list considering he was one of the winning crew of the last AC...

I'd certainly like to know why he was dumped, but not just some idle guess, real info!

He was let go because he took management to task over the teams family relocation policy, or lack of it.

Nothing to do with his performance or abilities as a sailor. He was guilty of having a bit too much backbone for the teams liking.

Guest Ketchup

So Mr. Ketchup. What does that mean exactly? Are you saying that Joe Spooner was not good enough, and where do you come by that information? Or are you just making a comment that can mean anything?

I would think that there could be a million reasons why Joe Spooner was dumped. Not achieving "high standards" would be low on that list considering he was one of the winning crew of the last AC...

I'd certainly like to know why he was dumped, but not just some idle guess, real info!

Um let me that think smithy.

He did niot make the #1 crew.

He was not up to standard for the team Oracle wanted going forward.

He did not fit the team environment.

He was not good enough.

He was nit well liked...

There could be a million reasons. oracle are run as a very professional team and they have high standards and expectations.... which is why they win.

If Team Dalton had the same standards they would do similar things and not keep the gravy train rolling on!

Maybe Dalton has done the same thing to Barker. If so then things are looking up.

Guest Ketchup

He was let go because he took management to task over the teams family relocation policy, or lack of it.

Nothing to do with his performance or abilities as a sailor. He was guilty of having a bit too much backbone for the teams liking.

Funny!... prove that!

What a silly twit if that Is true. He is on 25k per month and he shot the golden goose.

That is not backbone but stupidity.

For a sailor to argue family relocation policy in a AC team is dumb. No wonder he was sacked.

Oracle numerous and very experienced lawyers will be laughing at Spooner.

No team will pick him up now. He is a liability who argues stupid irrelevant points. Not a team player

Guest Ketchup

If Barker is not motivated by money and has the team and NZ in his heart.... then he WOULD STEP DOWN! And give the better talent a chance.

Barkers problem is he is still chasing the dream to win a major event (world champs, Olympic, AC) and the AC is his last chance.

His ego gets in the way of reality...bit like a few around here.

Archived