Cyclone Pam

ex Elly

We're on gusts of 50 here now

Tried to PM you but says you can not receive mail?

Would you mind having a peek at Webb's boat just off the marina breakwater on a mooring.

Pic attached (from a couple months ago).

24 footer, grey hulled flush decked.

I am sure he would be stoked to get a message advising "all is well".  He is due in NZ later next week.

Cheers mate

IMG_2140%20%281%29.jpg

I can't quite see it from where I am (I remember seeing it looking ok yesterday so I know the boat) and I'm not getting in my dinghy right now but I'll check onit tomorrow morning when I go out to check on David's Black Panther.

Not sure why I can't receive PMs?

Cheers

I can't quite see it from where I am (I remember seeing it looking ok yesterday so I know the boat) and I'm not getting in my dinghy right now but I'll check onit tomorrow morning when I go out to check on David's Black Panther.

Not sure why I can't receive PMs?

Cheers

Good man. I wouldn't expect you to be getting in a dinghy right now in that weather either!

Not sure about the pm's, just said you can't receive mail, so I assume your box is full?

Cheers mate. 

Yup just had 70 here - the boat has got a permanent 5' heel on - it's hard to eat my curry!

I have told Webb to expect an email from you tomorrow morning.

70 knots, fair dinkum. I guess that is peak gusts right, and not sustained?

Judging by the url on your profile, do I tell him it will be "Robb" that he might get an email from?

Cheers

but it continues to stay cider to SE where I am.

That's some curry you must have had Rob!

Reckon we have'nt seen a gust over 25 here yet - the tamaki now cast, the Bucks anemometer on windsurf and the glendowie one on metservice all still reading low

Was out all night (sold a couple of houses :razz: ) and probably glad I wasn't reading some of those reports. Auckland seemed quiet to me, and very little traffic around. Hope the worst is over and I still have a boat. How bad is it not be near your boat????

Archived