Ports Expansion

I was at the Bundaburg Distillery as well KM you ungrateful so and so. ;-)

None of you Guys must have tasted Beenleigh rum now that was awful, but still liquid Gold compared to the Indonesian stuff.

Sorry to interrupt the salacious rum talk :-D

Auckland Council, Mr Len Brown, has made a statement that they (Auckland Council) wont appeal the High Court decision saying the resource consents were wrong.

What fascinates me about this statement is, all along, he was saying its nothing to do with Council, its all POAL, and Council can't control what they do - its all quote "out of his hands" - funny change of tune all of a sudden.

And now for the clanger - Ports of Auckland have not said they wont appeal the decision.

This looks like  PR snow job - Ports of Auckland are the only body that can appeal the decision, but Mr Len Brown comes out and says Council wont appeal - distraction, smoke, mirrors...

Note photo in article of work that is occurring at the moment extending wharfs into the harbour.

PS, isn't Appletons the only rum worth drinking?

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11469860

Sorry to interrupt the salacious rum talk :-D

Auckland Council, Mr Len Brown, has made a statement that they (Auckland Council) wont appeal the High Court decision saying the resource consents were wrong.

What fascinates me about this statement is, all along, he was saying its nothing to do with Council, its all POAL, and Council can't control what they do - its all quote "out of his hands" - funny change of tune all of a sudden.

And now for the clanger - Ports of Auckland have not said they wont appeal the decision.

This looks like  PR snow job - Ports of Auckland are the only body that can appeal the decision, but Mr Len Brown comes out and says Council wont appeal - distraction, smoke, mirrors...

Note photo in article of work that is occurring at the moment extending wharfs into the harbour.

PS, isn't Appletons the only rum worth drinking?

while the above mentioned rum is very good I do enjoy Havana club Dark.

Its funny you mention that Chloe, I do have a fondness for Havana Club, developed on a trip in Cuba (that also involved sailing). It didn't seem to matter how many people were in the round, the barman would always use a whole bottle regardless of the number of glasses...

This new fangled fashion of gold rum stuff is ok , but of course real ( old) yachties drink Coruba, Captain Morgan and Lambs.

But we draw the line at Black heart . eeechhh.