New Townson 32 ,from the front page.

John B

Its not too late :D

a couple of rough looking blocks under the keel too.

Fantastic job you've done .. I hope you keep us updated with pics as you go along.

ts not too late

a couple of rough looking blocks under the keel too.

...and, it being Friday arvo, a dozen or so strategically-placed empties as the boys mark the end of the working week.

I'm afraid I can't claim credit except maybe for inspiration and providing the boat yard (plus the oversized tin of PA10.)

It's my brother (perfectionist aircraft engineer). A launch date has not been set however a sister ship is intended to be built to provide a bit of friendly competition.......

Will provide an update as things progress.

Are you going to have a clip on sailing keel for it rbob?

I expect that as someone with your attachment to Townsons you probably heard Talent got whacked by an out of control launch in her marina berth. :roll:

She's ok and is out of the water for the repairs.

The keel shown is just a temp wooden version (it is proportionally slightly deeper than the true Twilight keel) The sailing keel will be cast in lead, bolt on and be able to be swapped easily (well that's the intention). Will require a bit of trial and error to get it correct but trying to have a keel which looks more in keeping with the design rather than a deep bulb one. Might need a deep bulb for stronger winds though.

3 foot overall length (works out well for putting across a back seat in a car and is the same length as another boat my brother made) In hindsight though we should have made it 3'2"......Oh well!

Pity about the ugly long cabin......

After hours of argurments on which cabin top we should build we decided to build the mould as a shortie and then add in a block to make it long for those that want ugly piedys!

I thought it was easier to add a block in the mould to shorten the cabins, that way the deck needed no extra fairing and was monolithic.

Besides, the model was based on the most beautiful piedy of all, Infatuation, which is also the current 1982 design. The model was endorsed by Des when it was finished.

The window of the pictured model is a replica of the Miss Behave's it would look was nicer with Fat's shape

I think the one photographed here is the only one. It was built completly seperate from our moulds.

Our attempt at building one was a typical "piedy" affair:

I built a male mould of the hull off blown up photo copies of the lines drawings out of the "fast light boats" book.

I then gave it to another piedy guy to build a female mould off it and build a cabin top because I'd had enough of the project! He got the two hull moulds stuck together and the whole thing got lost/forgotten about

7 years after I built the mould, I was using a flipping over my sportie to do some work to her in a boat building shed in Devonport and there on the wall is the moulds, all finished, seperated and ready to go!

So we have them back and there should be some more floating soon!

Sea trials were undertaken for the newest Townson 32 on Saturday :wink:

Everything went to plan with only a few minor issues to sort out.

Final painting and detailing are still to be done and a final set of sails produced.

082.JPG

087.JPG

090.JPG

Archived