port nicholson regatta?

mattyg

I did ask around Herdy... Told Rick Reeves (windscreamer) theres 4? 5? 88's racing, stil not interested aparently... Don't get it.

John Hermands DFL in last years regatta sorta put him off a little i think.

Looking foward to seeing Georgia!!

Im with John, im like a kid at xmas, can't wait.

Hmmmm.... yes DFL when you break equipment and have to go back to the marina causing you to miss 2 races.

Mr Reid, had you mate Woody in my ear on Saturday. Might pay for your old man to remove and update the sail numbers on his blue spinnaker. Woody seems to be in protest mode , especially after last year. He doesn't trust the RM when they see 2 boats carrying the same sail numbers.

Yes, a very poor turnout from our Club. Especially for such a great event. I have had trouble getting crew for all 3 days. I am priviledged to have scored quality ring-ins for the event when a couple of my regulars are unavailable. I wonder if that has anything to do with it ?

I still can't believe Jamie made me take the carpet and TV/DVD off the boat - now I can't watch re-runs of 'Mash' during the lunch breaks ! :?

John ignore Jamie. Put that gear back onboard, and as you will most probably be berthing at Chaffers marina, it can be the inner city apartment for the regatta as well. Can't have a comfortable apartment if Jamie makes you remove all the good gear. Make sure you keep the rum on board.

Even the crystal glasses and my slippers have gone !!!Yes, JE will be berthing in Chaffers for the weekend, hopefully near Splash. Will have to sneak a bottle of Rum and couple of glasses back on board, to share with you and the Princess. :D

Noted :thumbup:

Hmmmm.... yes DFL when you break equipment and have to go back to the marina causing you to miss 2 races.

Mr Reid, had you mate Woody in my ear on Saturday. Might pay for your old man to remove and update the sail numbers on his blue spinnaker. Woody seems to be in protest mode , especially after last year. He doesn't trust the RM when they see 2 boats carrying the same sail numbers.

Im coming down to sail on 'The Guarantee', there is quite a team coming down from auckland this year.

We arrive on thursday afternoon so might see some of you guys at the club.

Rick has just replaced the windows on Windscreamer last weekend so could be he's worried about popping them under pressure.

I'll be there helping out on the start boat. Can't wait.

44 entries so far... 37 keelers, 7 Ross 780s.

Of the keelers, 13 are non-Port Nic boats (or chartered by members of other clubs)... two from Lowry Bay, four from Naval Point, two from the Squadron, two from Waikawa and one from Akarana.

Entry List

44 entries so far... 37 keelers, 7 Ross 780s.

Of the keelers, 13 are non-Port Nic boats (or chartered by members of other clubs)... two from Lowry Bay, four from Naval Point, two from the Squadron, two from Waikawa and one from Akarana.

Entry List

No Andiamo?

Great days sailing yesterday. 2 windward lewards folowed by a long harbour race. First windward leward was sailed in 10 to 18kts and shifty breeze. Second one was a bit windier and more consistant. The breeze built for the long race and we finished in 30+ kts. Had a great ride down evans bay with our 'demon fu*ker' fractional gennaker on untill we got hit by a white squall and did a spectacular wipout at pace. A colision on the race course put the shaw 650 monkey business off the water for a regatta.

It blowing dogs off chains today so yachtng has been postponed for the morning. White squalls over the whole harbour.

Archived