port nicholson regatta?

mattyg

What was the deal? The were 2 88s in Div 1 and others in Div 2. Flying Fish in Div 1 while the other 1020s in div 2. Do you guys not talk to each other?

At present there is only 1 fleet for IRC National Champs that accommodates the full range from Young 88 - TP52. It would probably produce a better result if the IRC Nats were split into two divisions Div a IRC above 1.000 and Div b IRC below 1.000.

If we get enough rejuvenated quarter tonners we could even have a division for IRC of 0.930 and below. :thumbup:

What a weekend! It was a shame to have the fleet split like it was - we were looking forward to racing all the 88s and 1020s together but fully understand the reason behind the split. Yes there were a lot of sore heads over the weekend, we were very glad not to be racing on Saturday ... The band on Saturday night was awesome :thumbup:

Big thank you to Linda and John Parrish and the rest of the race management team for getting the races away under trying circumstances and in such a professional manner. The protest committee were also kept busy with 8 protests lodged - all from Sunday's racing, and all from Division B! A few people need to brush up on their rules I think.

2 protests from div 1 on Friday (1 withdrawn), 5 from div 2 on Sunday and 1 request for redress

It did make for a rather busy time before prize giving but it's good to see boats backing there decisions on the water with protests rather than just accepting an incident at the time and then complaining at the bar afterward.

I totally agree with you splashprincess and Saint.

I would add too that there's a lot to be said for having someone (any one!) keeping eye on what is going on with other boats around you.

"they just came out of f*****g nowhere" isn't really a good defence.

Archived