Yacht registration

Not true. I would still very much prefer to register in Langkawi. I'm being pushed back to NZ by another bureaucratic issue altogether.

The NZ super is a minor issue. Both Angela and I have spent so much time out of NZ that we would receive very little anyway. My plan is to have enough independently, if I get anything from NZ super it will be a pleasant little bonus.

Don't get me wrong $800 that I paid two years ago or over a K now is daylight robbery but if I needed NZ support in what ever form whilst sailing around the Pacific/world then it's cheap support / insurance and I've never been anywhere that NZ registration was seen as a bad thing but a lot of other flags didn't get the same universal acceptance

I'm not sure that this is a valid argument - if you have a NZ passport you would receive that "help" anyway?  I'm yet to be convinced that the astronomical increases in all these fees are justified by actual representation/benefits.  Seems to me that it relates more to the cost of administration, or rather a share of the total cost of the the Government Department responsible.  I am tempted to let mine lapse and simply photoshop the laminated form.

In this case I agree with Dtwo - I have never seen any use for my registration cert, other than clearing in and out of countries. It's just another bureaucratic charge as far as I can see, and surely the overhead of keeping a simple register is not worth $1K a year.

In this case I agree with Dtwo - I have never seen any use for my registration cert, other than clearing in and out of countries. It's just another bureaucratic charge as far as I can see, and surely the overhead of keeping a simple register is not worth $1K a year.

It's a five year registration, no? so 200 bucks a year.

old thread but appropriate for my issue

Ynz has my yacht down as scampus ii  sail number 2920 peterson design

now it was launched in 1976 with a builders plaque on the bulk head as built 1976    orinoco    2920

so now to rectify the problem I need to pay ynz change of boat name/ownership $55

Guess I just bite the bullet and pay?

unless you are going to race, there is no requirement to bother registering with YNZ or change the info that they have for that matter

yep exactly what i am going to do nothing,speaking of racing,boat must registered and current owners details to be correct?what if i borrowed a yacht without the owner being onboard(absent owner)can you still race?

unless you are going to race, there is no requirement to bother registering with YNZ or change the info that they have for that matter

yep exactly what i am going to do nothing,speaking of racing,boat must registered and current owners details to be correct?what if i borrowed a yacht without the owner being onboard(absent owner)can you still race?

Unless your boat needs PHRF, then unlikely any race officials at your local sail boat club would care less. Even less likely that anyone would look up on the YNZ register.

The YNZ register has been full of mistakes, errors and omissions for years. YNZ don't care, why would anyone else?

Unless your boat needs PHRF, then unlikely any race officials at your local sail boat club would care less. Even less likely that anyone would look up on the YNZ register.

The YNZ register has been full of mistakes, errors and omissions for years. YNZ don't care, why would anyone else?

True, but quick to grab your money at any chance

I have just gone through yacht registration/Phrf with YNZ. My dealings with them couldn't have been better. Very easy to deal with. They made it easy and knew what they were doing. The people l dealt with were a credit to YNZ.I wish all companies were this easy to deal with. It seems strange hearing peoples negative comments but I suppose policy is different to staff.