Electronics

Today I skipped work for  a bit and had IT show me all the latest and greatest and discuss what would be suitable for BP.

If like me you are out of touch with all this stuff it is quite an eye opener.

Anyway we talked about the possibility of getting a room at one of the YC's and having him do a bit of show and tell and a Q&A session. Excellent idea I thought.

So how much interest would there   be for such an evening???

I'd be keen.  If you want we could do it under the NZMYC umbrella as one of our 'open to the public' club nights - ala the Dick Newick, VPLP, Burling+Tuke talks that we've done.  Let me know and we'll tee it up.

Hey BP you beat me to ask the question! The format would be (probably) a room with a bar, say $20 at the door to cover costs.

Then a brief demo of OpenCPN, with radar and weather overlays, route selection and pilot charts stuff using a PC base, but also Tablet and smartphone connections and options. 

Then another rundown of the more traditional chartplotter based options, also with smartphone and tablet connections. Total time for both together not more than 30 mins, then an open Q&A session, and a beer or two.

Who's interested?

Ok guys, I'll sort out a place, time and date, and put it here. Should be able to sort it tomorrow, for sometime next month. Might do another later, if sufficient support. Same for Wellington.