Who knew the racing had started?

Sorry BP, Paul got 4 Golds:

Ben Ansile, the most successful sailor in Olympic history, Ainslie won medals at five consecutive Olympics from 1996-2012, including gold at the last four.

He was the first person to win medals in five different Olympic Games in sailing, the third person to win five Olympic medals in that sport (after Torben Grael and Robert Scheidt) and also the second to win four gold medals, after Paul Elvstrøm

What has oil got to do with it?

Im not there. so again, not sure what the cost of going in person has to do with it.

I went to San Fran, yes, that cost more than $11.98

my dinner last night also cost more than that.

But i thought the point of heavily sponsored, fast exciting sailing (at he expense of tradition) was to grow the cup and increase viewership. if the only way to watch it is to pay the fee for the event and hope the ap works for you, thats not gonna happen.

the event (4 races) and the app is a joke.

The unbelievable viewing restrictions can be found here;

How to Watch a Replay of the Racing

The paid version of the America's Cup App offers replays of the racing in some territories. A complete list of territories and viewing options is available here. A few examples:

• USA and SWE: replays available on smart phones and tablets but not via the America's Cup website.
  • NZL, JPN and BDA: replays available on smart phones, tablets and on the website.
  • GBR and FRA: no replays available.

The stupidest arrangement I've ever heard of for an event that needs public engagement. What are the sponsors paying for? 

I was a bit annoyed with the second day racing cancelled after paying to watch the event on AC+. But just got an email from Americas Cup offering a credit for the next event.  :thumbup:

I got a credit as well, that makes me feel better about the whole thing.

I can't believe they don't allow for an extra day or two in case the weather doesn't cooperate.

Seems like a lot of fuss and expense for an hours racing hopefully things will improve.

Mr positive strikes again:)

The racing was actually quite good, I like to give them the benefit of the doubt and the fact that they are giving people a credit after the less than satisfactory ending gives me some hope. I don't mind paying to watch it in HD without ads.

I really like the racing, I would love to be there but video coverage is in some ways better and this higher speed sailing is one of the best aspects of the foiling cats. Now, with up to 6 entrants things will get interesting, for sure.