Single handed sailing

Woohoo!!!

Series is growing quite nicely now and there are new competitor profiles loaded on the website!

How come that all these big boats are entering? Nothing smaller than a Y88 in extras division!!! (Not counting B&G Transat!) 

Welcome to the series to all new entrants! You are in for a treat!

Dam you all!   The Shapeshifter won't be ready for the first weekend of this series.... somebody lend me a Ross Boat!

Your options are:

-Jury rig

-Motor and risk a protest

-Just turn up at the finish in a car? (enter a series regardless, you get 3 drops)

-Steal a boat (and rename it "Ross")

Dam you all!   The Shapeshifter won't be ready for the first weekend of this series.... somebody lend me a Ross Boat!

If I can ensure the insurance for the weekend... I'll be out of the country for the first race.

And if you have a "large American" costume then maybe I can get a SoloIQ series result as well!

If I can ensure the insurance for the weekend... I'll be out of the country for the first race.

And if you have a "large American" costume then maybe I can get a SoloIQ series result as well!

Oooohhhhhhh.....

That's tempting Byron!

Would be great to get up close and personal with a sorted 830 before the final fitout on mine.

I'm out of the country for Novembers races so that would be two drops... I see no substitute skippers but can a series entrant still score points if he races two different 830's? ha ha

I'm back! It's very slow posting from  my phone with my one thumb typing skills. It's been great to see the interest in this revitalised series with 11 paid up entries already. Our aim is to have twenty series entries. Our problem with this series is that if you leave your series entry until the last minute you won't get your shirt at the end of the first race. They have to made to size. I'd hate to be presented with an sm! Also I would like some feed-back on the web site. The aim is to link the FB with skipper reports and pictures. Have you had a look? What do you think of introducing skipper profiles? Do event specific sites work? What might be added? Your comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

Welcome back!

Good to see you checking up on your boat yesterday. Westhaven kept her safe, although that guy in the berth next to yours.... Not sure about him. Something to do with having two "cruisers" either side of Cool Change. Slightly unnerving....

I like the profiles, gives you an idea of who you are lining up against and who you can shake your fist at at the end

More multis? Do you have any? I like single handed sailing, can't commit to the series, but have thought about doing some races.

Maaaaaaate!!!!

Silly question... do we have any multis.... We got ONE!

http://www.soloiq.org.nz/charlie-mckenzie/

You only need to complete 6 out of 9 races to be in to win!

2 weekends away (2 races each)

Richmond YC  - harbour race (no extras)

and then you squeeze one race in somewhere along the line... (Suggestion Route 1)

VOILA!

You have done the series! And had 3 awesome parties! 

I'm being told over 20 signed and sealed entries so far.

If you want a personalised goodies pack you have to enter the series and get the paperwork in by 6pm this evening.

AND... have you checked the weather?

We are making it really nice for everyone this weekend. Sunshine, light winds! Rum reaching conditions!

Easing all of the newbies in to it!

Really looking forward to it!