Whats wrong with the marine industry in this country.

Great advice IT, now that you're back from swanning round the South Pacific, let's talk B & G!

How's that set up you're putting together looking?

I've fallen in lust with needing laylines displayed for both tacks!

Sorry about the thread drift, but as Wheels has discovered this ones a dead duck anyway.

Guest Ketchup

Ketch what 's your email address or send a PM.

I can't send PM for some reason being bullied again / censored. Can send them to other members but not to you for some reason.

OC

Smile ditto  :wub:  :huh:  :angry:  :-)  :-D  :oops:

I can't PM you either rehab. And any post I put in the YNZ thread gets deleted.

Its a strange world and YNZ get a easy ride.

Ketchup you had PMs disabled in your profile - this is not a standard setting. I have changed it for you, but you (all) have access to your own profiles, unless your user ID is banned.

The YNZ threads are currently locked - I have not had the time yet to go thru them all. By the way, it IS against site rules to post the same (or similar) stuff in multiple threads...

Bad Kitty, give me a couple of days - over 1000 emails to sort and some gear to setup - back to reality!

There seems to be a few of them around at the mo. I have a friend delivering a boat from Indonesia to Oz. She sent me a pic just today of them sunning themselves on a stunning beach somewhere still in Indonesia. They have been there for months and seem to have no interest it getting the boat to Oz. Don't know bout you, but I would be calling that an act of Piracy ;-)
I'm still trying to work out what I am doing wrong. I would have thought that after well over 53yrs now, I would have learned what, but nope. Keep drawing a blank. BP I heard a rumor that all the Real Estate people were earning millions up there. Any truth to the rumor?? ;-)

Guest Ketchup

Reply to Johns original post, I don't think poor service is isolated to the marine industry, it is possibly exaggerated  because its so "blokey"  but NZ is not famous for its service mentality. Most of the customers are men and most of the sellers know blokes often will pay through the nose and accept poor service as long they can play with their boats.

Agree and add that the worst culprits are the "blokey" over 50 year old business owners (who seem own launches/runabouts) pricks that thunk everybody owes them a living.

There is a group of them in the BOI (mentioned by others here) and Nelson that are just plain average and expensive.

Then their is the "passive aggressive" under 30 Years holds that forget about service when you challenge their stupidity.

But their is a bunch of really excellent professionals who run good companies, front up, price professionaly, do an excellent job, at a fair price, and follow up.

Pity we do not have a rating service online to rate the professionals!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Wheels you choose to answer questions that suit you but not others,.

Your credibility was lost when you did not answer the following.

Yep wheels your credibilty is lost, lost I say!

How dare you be so uncredible! Imagine, not answering an earnest chap like Rehab. Beggars belief really?

• Upvote 4

Yep wheels your credibilty is lost, lost I say!

How dare you be so uncredible! Imagine, not answering an earnest chap like Rehab. Beggars belief really?

haha, and it looks like i can add scandalous to my list of credentials. If this were TV, would I be called Shortland street?

But hey, looks like I have the qualifications to be a Prime Minister. Although I am not sure I would want to be. I would lay awake at night wondering why Rehab never voted for me.

Guest Ketchup

rehab, wheels was joking about the PM thing.

Don't take things so literally... it will do your head in! :-)

May I suggest you type you posts up in MS word and use the speel check an sentence/paragraph structure thingies. (Something I wish I had on my old tablet)w

Then cut and paste it into your post.

If you are doing this already then... f*ck!!?

This may help!

IT. The spell check thingy on this forum is crap!... I am constantly having my words changed by it!

Guest Ketchup

This is the US department of protection escalation! (0r DOPE)

We are monitoring this web site for possible alien / terrorist activity!

User ; Rehabilitated... is a possible threat.

Notify the NZ military regarding possible "elimination? From crew.org.

This is a Code one alert. The US and NZ sailing scene is at risk.

Notify our security HQ at Takapuna beach and deploy YNZ staff to intersept target and destroy with spin and rhetoric!.

Mission code name ;- let's get Phil?

End!

_----------_--------------------------------------

Jeez Bro I don't think this site is that Techno!

Must be your own computer is being monitored by spies and eyes from all over?...

Or maybe Wheels is now PM :-)

• Downvote 1

My beautiful gentle schizophrenic brother Gerard died of a sudden heart attack in late June. I was always moved and grateful when I found that complete strangers had treated him with kindness and compassion when he wasn't in a well phase. Let's cut each other a bit of slack here.

• Upvote 1
Guest Ketchup

Jeeez rehab! Did you minus one me you Bastard!

After all the +1's i gave you to keep you in the game (and to have a laugh)

Right this means -1 war.

Standby rehab (in between fighting of the Russians and yanks if you have time)

:-)

• Upvote 1
Guest Ketchup

My beautiful gentle schizophrenic brother Gerard died of a sudden heart attack in late June. I was always moved and grateful when I found that complete strangers had treated him with kindness and compassion when he wasn't in a well phase. Let's cut each other a bit of slack here.

I love that! Well said and that puts it into perspective.

And is why in give donations to Hospice.

Nice one KM 2