2015 Crew.org Rum Race

On again this year, Wednesday 23rd Dec. Details here http://crew.org.nz/rum_race.html

Theme will be announced in the next few days. I'm looking for companies that would like to donate prizes again. For anyone interested this is one of, if not the biggest single race event on the Auckland Calendar, with about 60 odd boats last year, and filling the RYC to capacity for the party...

Put it in your diaries everyone!

Yep, the theme this year is "Back to the Islands" so should be pretty easy :-)

Hmm, found the bag of dressups off the yacht from a couple of years ago - grass skirts and g-strings... again...?!  That was a bit breezy!  May be not on the kids little boat.

Unlike Dambo I'm planning to leave the little boat behind this time, although getting pressure from family to sail that and not the GBE.

Matt can I enter both boats for the handicapper and nomimate which one closer to the time?

So I now have a dilemma. First boat to start, or one of the last. Very slow wet boat, or fastish wetter boat. Think I need the Double Rainbow guy, "what does it mean? "

Passing people is lots of fun, but so is watching all the fast boat charging past on the long course.

Ooh what to do, what to do!

Hmm you're probably right.

Just how does one handicap a bog standard gbe with no race history and old pinhead mainsail? How about starting ten minutes before the slowest other gbe? Twenty? I'm thinking we'll probably start alongside Plan B and Sublime? Seems pretty fair considering we're all on a big learning curve and won't have kites on this occasion. Although I wouldn't object to a small head start.

Now, how do I convince them both to join in?