The B&G Simrad 60 2010 Thread...

Cameron

I hope its a worth while ride to make my friday swim seem worth it. 15-20 knots from just about anywhere should do it. Haven't looked at a forecast yet. If its a screaming run for us back from gannett I hope we get sub 2 hours this time. Came close once.

Not bothered in the slightest what all you roast chook racers want. Were in the chocolate and lollies type boat.

Can someone confirm for me, which of the two buoys of the end of Whangaparoa is the correct mark?

The closer in, or the further out (they're maybe 200 yards apart).

Can someone confirm for me, which of the two buoys of the end of Whangaparoa is the correct mark?

Feel free to go round both but the 1 that counts is the eastern most.

Omega8 is there...few jobs left to tick off!

We missed this one last year so I thought I'd better have another look at the course - thanks to Mr Roosevelt Racing for the attached course chart...(See you out there guys).

...shall we prepare the protest now for not sailing the proper course :silent:

Yeah, saw that myself after re-reading the SI's last night - shall we tell them???? :lol: :lol:

How about a bottle of Mount Gay for the boat that most accurately predicts their own finish time.

Lets see ... 30 - 35 knots of wind. hmmm... if we put the kite up 4 hours if we are too scared to put the kite up 5 hours! :lol:

Zen, 8 hours flat.

Huge tide and we'll do well out of it for the first 1.5 hours. Could be lumpy though. Then, once around the top mark, we will have a gain from it in the run to Gannet.

Sorry Boatworks, old course on mrrooseveltracing.com site, must get our webmaster to update. Suggest you check sailing instructions carefully for the correct course. :D

We've still got a few jobs to tick of as well. Seems the list keeps growing.

Looking forward to getting back on the water. Hopefully not gale force winds. See you on the start line.

The 2 buoys are very close together now as in a LOT closer. So if you are knot sure do both, they are that close.

1 day 5 hours 47 mins 20 seconds on line and 3 days 11 hours 26 mins 7 seconds on PHRF.

Just got back from loading supplies and even thought about stereo use. 570 amp hours capacity should just get us home we hope. One was already downstairs. Na, just kidding, we want to be able to power up the hot tub if the weather is yucky and cold.

post-646-141887164088.jpg

Archived