Bulbous Townson?

There are some glass 34s but Des was never happy with the way they turned out. There are plenty of 34s in DD kauri, some glassed over and some not.

Not sure I'm a fan of the dodger on Slice of Lemon.

My pick of the Townson's for sale at the moment would be Restless. Full refit and under 60K...

The plug for the glass D34s is called Ringleader, which my dad put together with the help of Roly Lindstrum. Unfortunately he did some very un Townson things like put the motor under the cockpit with a Saildrive, which did not please Des at all and he refused to accept that it came from his drawing board.

I remember Slice of Lemon always ended up right beside us in nearly every race we did in Auckland, which was quite pleasing as the wooden boats were always regarded as being faster than the glass boats.

Ringleader went pretty well and was the quicker of the glass boats, mainly because she was quite a bit lighter with a foam core and a wooden deck. The keel was all lead too, the production boats had lead poured into a glass casing.

I remember Des wasn't too happy with them, especially Ringleader. I think mainly because Austral Yachts put a bit more freeboard on them to make them a bit bigger inside.