BBQ for crusing

I need help on deciding on a BBQ for the in laws boat. It will be a xmas gift. The boat is a Lotus 9.2 we have been racing with the PCC on Fridays lately, if you've seen us it's because we are last on line haha.

They are pretty keen on the Magma Kettle style from the likes of burnsco/Sailors corner. 

This type of thing: http://www.burnsco.co.nz/productdisplay.aspx?categoryid=0&productid=5851&colour=

That being said the Webber Baby Q's are about the same price.http://www.mitre10.co.nz/shop/outdoor_furniture_bbqs/barbeques_accessories/weber_baby_q_q1000_titanium_239457/

The way I see it the Webber is a better BBQ all round but would require something to protect the deck etc.

The kettle has the advantage of the rod holder mount but is smaller. It is also designed for a marine environment so would stand up better to corrosion etc I assume.

Am I missing anything? has anybody got any experience with either of them?

Any help would be greatly apprecatied.

Lots of people have bought the kettle style and ditched them including me, they seem like a good idea hanging off the stern but are hard to light, go out and tend to over or under cook as they are all or nothing.

Webber looks good and if you can stow it somewhere and get a piece of felt that you can wrap it in then put this on the deck under the bbq when your using it, it will last 5 years plus if you take it home in the offseason, which may be longer than it will take to loose something over the side if it's mounted on the stern.

I've got a Magna (square one with a lid can't remember the model) bought it out of the US on line at 1/3 the NZ cost, arrived in a week

Ive got a Magma Kettle type.The early ones had a control valve that would seize if left out in the weather. The newer one does not do this any more. Ours has been outside, mounted on the transom for about 13 odd years. Still goes, and shows no real signs of corrosion.

It's pretty average at cooking, and does not like the wind.

Definitely the Weber if you actually enjoy the thought of a well grilled steak or even a roast ( a smallish one, in the baby Q ). The Webers are one of the best BBQ's available - I used to own a larger Q series and have now moved to a Broil King, but the Weber really did the job very well. I would strongly suggest going to a proper Weber dealer as they may well have accessories which will allow you to mount it well. 

Keeps cooking smells out of the cabin, no grease inside, not all that many negatives.

Thanks all,

I think the Weber on a bait board is the way to go. It's likely it will be taken inside when the boats not in use.

I did have a look around and couldn't find much in the way of mounts, would be interested if anyone else could find some.

Best bbq mount I have seen is one bolted onto the end of an old winch handle. It then hangs off the winch, is off the deck, and can be swung out off the way when you have finished cooking