How not to cross Cook Strait

Morons, but really lucky Morons.
We were on the morning ferry Saturday. Jam packed full of AC/DC fans and all of them were getting ready to rock and roll by the glass full.
I did see something really interesting though. I don;t think I have ever seen so many people in one spot smoking. Darn never every AC/DC fan was smoking. It thought that was interesting.

Reading the article, I was pleased to see Senior Constable Pickering pointing out that:

"Life jackets should be worn in adverse weather"

Rather than the standard "wear your life jacket at all times when within 30km of water" line that is often repeated.

There is no indication on the time of day that this incident occurred. Night time or day?

I was also, disappointed to see the article included reference to "Boozed yachties" without any indication of the actual level of intoxication. "They had been drinking" can mean anything from, "They were blind" to "It's Sunday and I'd taken communion down a the local Parish."

Moreover, two of them were passenger rather than yachties. 

But I expect nothing less from the NZ media (or any media).

We were flying back from Picton on SoundsAir and saw it unfolding outside our window, it was happening around 4:20pm. 

I was really impressed by the police when I read the article and put 2+2 together, it appeared to be all taken care of in a very short period of time from what we could see, all in the space of maybe 8 minutes?

We also saw an entire load of AC/DC concert-goers getting off the plane before we got on - ALL smoking cigarettes!