Eelsnot. Any good...?

why bother spending hundreds on annual anti-fouling when you can just wipe on a micron? of this stuff for $45 ....

"I pulled my boat out of the water and applied a thin coat of eelsnot slightly above the waterline down. 8-9 months passed by after leaving it docked and taking it out a few times a week. I just pulled it out again and REMARKABLE!!! Absolutely 100% barnacle and slime free! I even noticed a difference in speed and Fuel Economy. There was actually still some of the eelsnot protective coating still on the hull. Eelsnot was very easy to...

Call me suspicious, but I always get that way when I see comments like 25% fuel saving.

Wheels, yeah some of claims are believable and some are too good... Nautical Snake Oil...? Or is this the begining of something new that will change the antifouling and cleaning.

That's why I thought id ask. Wait and see I guess.

Look at the home page of the website and they show two yacht hulls, claiming it is a 1 month test, The growth on the un treated yacht looks like much more than 1 month to me, 

It is a new product, so not much testimony around, But I would love to have some trustworthy trial show that it works, but until then will wait.

Reading the FAQ it is not recommended over ablative anti-fowl,  so I would have to sand back first.

This seems like a good opportunity for the Great Crew Eelsnot Trial.

Suggest two boats with same antifoul applied at similar time (eg within a month of each other) and which are moored in same place. Lift and clean both boats. Apply snot to one. Put them both back in. Wait one month then inspect.

Yes,  a rudder test would work I expect.

If it did work it could be a good little business for someone to import it and sell on Trade Me. But that is looking too much into possibilities, too much speculation. Even if it did work, wouldn't it rub off on the strops used to put the boat back in the water.