Slow sail in Evans Bay

Could be a bit of overreaction to a short test sail??

After all, if it took 5 hours to sail to the mouth of Evans Bay it would have taken another 2 days to get out of the harbour and a week to get out of sight of land.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/75369686/wellington-boatie-stopped-without-engine-radio-or-navigation-equipment.html

What a small world. This boat, her name is Cariolanus, was moored alongside my boat at Clyde Quay till a few months ago when the Council moved it round to Evans Bay. I heard that the mooring fees were long overdue and so the Council sold the boat on Trade me, to, presumably, recover the fees. As reported it hadn't moved for years and the hull was covered in weed and mussels. The boat is a wreck and only good for dismantling. Astonishing it still floats. There was certainly concern when it was under tow.

As an aside it is a shame that there's no simple and cost effective way of scraping such wrecks. People that don't know any better just see an opportunity for a cheap yacht that only needs a water blast and a coat of paint. I feel that the Wellington City Council, in this instance, share some responsibility as they've only been concerned with the money and have been happy to dump the problem on some poor misguided mug. As if $500 is going to help towards the City's debt. 

Actually, I have to show some respect to this guy,

Have seen this yacht being used constantly since. Clearly the engine is running and pushing the yacht around at a reasonable speed. A couple of days ago it spent most of the day anchored in Oriental Bay. It moves around Evans bay, usually appears to have 2 young guys in her. So at least the old derelict is getting some use. Unlike plenty of flash looking yachts around that never seem to move.