2 Questions: Carbon Tube and Mast Track

I'm in need of a short section of thick walled carbon or fibreglass tube that needs to work in compression (for a through-bow bobstay). Needs to be ~20cm long and have an ID of 8mm. Wall thickness? Dunno...

Also, where can I source a mast track? I don't want a spendy system, just something that works and doesn't break the bank. KM told me used to rivet these suckers to Ross masts, but I think he used up all of the old track in the process :)

Both are for my R830, standard rig.

Thanks man, and I will be looking around for a bottle of rum :)

You can get plastic or alloy mast track. A mate just scored some so I'll ask him on Tuesday. Yeap just rivet it onto a alloy mast or you can glue it using flash Sika like goops.

I've already laid a pile of carbon this AM and will be playing with more once it cools down in a hour nor 2. I'll whip you up a grunty bit of tube with lots of Unis. Easy peasy.

Nice start last Friday by the way, I started to reach for the X flag but you were good, just.

Hi

Have used this stuff on a 50 footer that had a sail track that was 30 years old and giving us all sorts of grief, bloody good stuff.

You give them an indication of what you have now for a track profile and they mill the plastic so that you can slide the replacement track up the old one! Mast in situ!

You then change the luff slides to work with the new track and your sail will travel up and down faster than a working girls panties it will take the compressive load of a fully battened main.

https://www.tidesmarine.com/sailtrack

Tides is Florida based but they have a rep in Aussie, just don't mention the cricket ;-)