Water in bilge

Wheels, it has happened - folding prop on fast multi - comes out of the water, unfolds, then started the motor when re. Immersed Started the motor backwards iirc. Some diesels can apparently run backwards??

The issue kiwi prop are on about is not that though, but that as compression is slowly lost via normal seepage, the motor could very slowly turn over, possibly allowing water into the cylinders. So they reckon.

Sorry, I had my mind locked on a small keeler. You are right of course. Which was where my fringes of thought were touching on speed. A cat wouldlikely be able to get enough speed and in the same instance, a race boat.

Wheels, it has happened - folding prop on fast multi - comes out of the water, unfolds, then started the motor when re. Immersed Started the motor backwards iirc. Some diesels can apparently run backwards??

Single cylinder Yanmars.  There's very little difference in timing.

The issue kiwi prop are on about is not that though, but that as compression is slowly lost via normal seepage, the motor could very slowly turn over, possibly allowing water into the cylinders. So they reckon.

I found that if I had enough boat speed under sail, I could put the boat in gear and start the engine without the need to touch the starter - this was a great trick to demonstrate to the horror of my engineer/mechanic type friends who understand oil reticulation etc