ANZ Sail Fiji

From RAYC "Just a quick heads up. Miss Scarlet notified Maritime Operations Center at 0745 that they have broken their forestay. NOK have been advised. Their intention is to continue to Fiji. More to follow."

Also

"Itchy Feet has been in email contact with their NOK. All is well, they are in rough weather and will continue their course for another day, and as we suspected point their bow at Fiji after the front. More to follow."

Ran Tan ll has backed off a little by the looks but Hupane has the peddle to the mettle

And I'm not sure where Jody is off to ?

RAYC-logo-PNG.png
sailfiji-logo500png.png

News | Competitors | Entries | FAQ | Contact

sailfiji.co.nz

Daily News Wrap 9th June 2016
artcore-white.png
SailFiji2016_Lissa_DSC_4050-600x400.jpg
Shaman set to finish tonight

The 88 footer Shaman, with Gary Lewis at the helm, will be the next boat to cross the finish line. At 1400 NZT she had 64nm to run and is sailing at 11 knots. Shaman has been a consistent performer through the race, with boat speeds amongst the top four monohulls. Her track east of the rhumb line has been …

Read more.

artcore-white.png
16-FIJI-CRUISESTART-016-600x400.jpg
Video: The Cruisers in Fiji

Sharpe Focus and Moody Blue, the two cruising boats in ANZ Sail Fiji 2016 give us a (very) brief run down their passages.

Read more.

artcore-white.png
itchy-feet-600x428.jpg
Email correspondence with Itchy Feet

Image Above: You can see Itchy Feet is emerging from a thick high cloud (very white = cold and high) associated with the front. While the main fleet is in clear skies as they head into the trades. The northern extension of the front will pass over the fleet early on Thursday morning. -----Original Message----- From: "Sally Garrett" Sent: Wed, 08 Jun …

Read more.

artcore-white.png
img_9390-600x398.jpg
Update on Itchy Feet

Itchy Feet continues to make good progress, even though they are travelling at 90 degrees to the course to Fiji. Itchy Feet called Race Director Sally Garrett at 21:45 last evening (Tuesday 7th June). At the time they were making good progress in 35 knots gusting 50 knots under storm jib. All is well, and the crew are comfortable. They …

Read more.

Great write up and videos Team Blink. I tracked you guys the whole way and you were hauling. First time I think I have really seen you guys stretch out from the Elliot 35s.  Nice race!!