Mooring failure?

Well, it was blowing cats off chains that night :-)

I passed it on the way to the airport Friday morning - tide was up and it didn't look too bad at that point. When I saw the video from later that day it was ugly. I guess as the tide went out it became more parked.

Very sad, must be heartbreaking for the owner.

While back - came across the cat being shifted off the rocks at welly airport - didn't take long to become a total write off unfortunately. Feel sorry for owner as had seen him take shelter at marina dock many times previously when storms up. Hopefully covered by insurance. Scenes like this make you double check the lines as it's all over in a few hours. 

IMG_0665 (1).MOV

After watching Gloriavale on TV this week, I know this was 'gods will,' restoring balance to the world.

He just sent a selfie to the 3 wise men, sitting on a cloud some where with a smug look on his face, reading #Fixed it - one boat, one hull ????

$20k does seem hopeful, was thinking the mast might still be good, but after reviewing the way it had to be removed in the pic in the first post - maybe not.

Rig seemed pretty good, mast drop wasn't pretty but I don't think it did much damage either. Deck fittings all ok, some big SS fittings on there. Starboard engine a little beaten up... Don't know if they were flushed at all

Port hull in surprisingly good condition, although not much use without its mate.....