Solo series 2016/17

It's even on the phone software Fish!

I can assure you its not on my phone. My phone doesn't have software. Its one of those crazy ones that just makes actual phone calls.

I think my problem was that other clubs refer to that mark as "Northern Long Bay Yellow", not to be confused with "Southern Long Bay Yellow", although I can also see why the same mark could be referred to as Piripiri yellow, once you understand that the Long Bay marine reserve markers are also geographically located near Piripiri Point.

May not be hard to find if you know where it is, but also not hard to seek clarification if you aren't familiar with the naming used.

Thank you for your help KM

A fun weekend even if the weather package we ordered failed a bit yesterday.

Good close racing and very close on handicaps due to Mark Racetracks magnificent work.

Lots of fun and some good antics. Must say one of the Race teams favourites was the low level aerobatic display but on by Keith of Manawa fame while trying sort of the dingy outboard mechanism, how he stayed up right and dry during that is beyond the assembled crews having breaky on the beach.

Still plenty of time to jump into the Series any one who is thinking about it.

The results from the weekend.

Armare Ropes Solo Weekend 2016 Results.pdf

Great weekend, and there was some wind yesterday - and really good sailing on the Saturday!

I cleaned up the boat today and got the series stickers attached to the boat. Good job with them changed!20161010_163926.jpg

Race 3 this Sunday - Racing with Richmond YC. This is a harbour course but does include extras this year.Notice of race is on the RYC web site.This years series is known as the Vining's Single Handed Series.

Here's the latest on the singlehanded race this weekend, see the series website for updates: http://richmondyc.org.nz/racing/info/singlehanded-series/

Latest News

Next race in the 2016-17 Vinings Marine / RYC Singlehanded Series is the RYC Singlehanded Race on Sunday, October 30th at 1PM. This is a harbour course starting and ending at Westhaven - this year we've added extras to the mix, so be sure to read the race NOR here (part of the RYC Harbour Race Series). 

The Auckland Marathon is on the same day, with closures at Westhaven 'till around 11am, check here for more details and plan ahead for the inevitable delays.

Series entrants are already signed up, others wanting to join can enter the series or the race at RYC. This is the third race in the series- with three drops, it's not too late to get a series score - we'll be taking series entrants up to the start of the next race (BBYC's Singlehanded Around Motuihe Race).

I assume the course we are doing is for div C (for open)

From the NOR for the Harbour races:

7.0 COURSES

7.1 The courses for Races 1 & 2 are described in Appendix A: 2016­17 RYC Harbour Courses.

7.3 The course number to be sailed will be displayed on the front of the Westhaven carpark tower.

If you don't have a RYC handbook, you can download all of the courses (appendix A), the GSIs and the NOR for this race here:

http://richmondyc.org.nz/racing/notices/

And come up to the club after - drinks and food and a prizegiving to follow the race, no later than 1/2 hr after the cutoff, possibly sooner if the race is a fast one.

See ya'll out there soon!