Happy Teeth the Leopard Seal

sighted in North Cove, Kawau yesterday.

Half expecting a visit at Sandspit next day or 2

That Kawau Bay area is fairly rural isn't it?

Not uncommon for people to be out shooting pests, rabbits, possums,etc... I wouldn't bat an eyelid if I heard some gunshots in that local.

It'd be absolutely terrible if you were lining up a bunny on the beach and accidentally overshoot it and got that protected Leopard Seal though.

Of course it would be a little difficult justifying exactly why you were using a .308 to hunt rabbits...

from your boat...

I'm told Big Blubber will be carrying quite a significant handicap.
Those 2 x 6yos at the back of the pack will cause quite a food baby ;)

I thought this juxtaposition in the latest Westhaven newsletter was mildly amusing...

attachicon.gif Screenshot-a.smartmailpro.com-webv-ujlnp1cnts - Google Chrome.png

http://a.smartmailpro.com/webv/ujlnp1cnts

Jokes aside,

It would be really awful if that Leopard Seal came and investigated all the threshing about on the water's surface in all that seal / penguin imitation neoprene during the harbour swim.

Even just a curios investigation by the Leopard Seal would involve its mouth wouldn't it? same as how it 'playfully' investigates dinghies and dock fenders.

I just signed a note promising not to throw my empties at Happy Teeth, in the Westhaven office and they gave me a recycling bag! result -at least I think that was what i signed (wasnt wearing glasses)

Went down for a swim at the pontoon next to the Whangarei Cruising Club trailer yacht compound.  Bloke there tells me the 'other' Leopard seal was sunning itself on it 2 days ago.

So I did the gentlemanly thing and bravely let the missus jump in first

Went down for a swim at the pontoon next to the Whangarei Cruising Club trailer yacht compound.  Bloke there tells me the 'other' Leopard seal was sunning itself on it 2 days ago.

So I did the gentlemanly thing and bravely let the missus jump in first

Spotted it today.  It can up for a lung full next to my boat just off Onerahi.