Centreboard for Alan Wright Pacer

Thanks for replys. This Pacer plate is an aerofoiled steel fabrication. It has rusted / rotted out bottom half of leading edge exposing hollow interior. Have to raise boat up off trailer to drop plate for pics etc. Thinking is that it will be a good idea to try and do job in one hit so if another plate is around we can just slot it in. Prime objective is to avoid having to get a new one made & associated expense.Cheers

I think we have Pacer or 2 down here, if you want to look at one let me know and i'll find out who owns it.

The Catalina has a swing board, and I'm sure the Pacer is more of a dagger board set up.

Back on the help wanted page please. Had an email back from Alan Wright and he was unable to help. Seems the builders took over everything and being about 30 years ago all info has disappeared. But somewhere someone will know where and how the centreboards were made so we will keep looking. Could save a heap of anguish. Cheers

Thanks for replys. This Pacer plate is an aerofoiled steel fabrication. It has rusted / rotted out bottom half of leading edge exposing hollow interior. Have to raise boat up off trailer to drop plate for pics etc. Thinking is that it will be a good idea to try and do job in one hit so if another plate is around we can just slot it in. Prime objective is to avoid having to get a new one made & associated expense.Cheers

According to the Wright book the Pacer used a Tracker hull with .4 of a meter chopped off. God knows why. They were built by Hopwoods originally. I don't know if the other Wright TS boards are the same but they all had stub keels with the ballast in them so given its not a ballast requirement you could...

Bog the old board up (maybe glass it) and stick it back in, before you reinstall you could take it to somewhere (like styrotech) and get it 3 D scanned, or take a mold off it so its easy to build a new one when the original eventually disintegrates....

Thanks GW.Yes we are working on it. The major problem is cost.The boat is probably woth $14000 on a good day.It will be easy to do $3 - 4000 if we aren't very careful. Looking at a glassed ply board as one solution .A patch job if there's sufficient steel to weld to another. Not rushing into it.Have roughly bogged it meantime.

I have a bigger problem than rust -mines missing !!

A previous owner (not guy i brought from) cut out centrecase and lost swingboard and rudder . I was told by last owner his wife said it was to tippy and wanted to put in a fixed keel.

I gave up trying to find specs , including contacting Alan and the boat builder , on replacing board and decided to go for lifting board which im in the middle of doing but im having second thoughts and think ill put it back to original setup to keep resale value.

So any help in its dimensions and shape , how its swung and lifted re attachments. pulleys, pins and water seals   etc

I get from above comments its a shaped hollow steel board and from memory of looking at another boat  it only came about 100mm up above floor so im guessing its only 3-400mm wide (bow to stern) and centre case is 1700mm long so must be about 1600mm long making it a high aspect board

cheers