Is there a shallow rock in westhaven eastern main entrance?

I know we had big tides lately, but very surprised last sat at low tide, skimmed over a rock just pass the eastern main entrance. Only draw 2.2m. Westhaven aware? Can imagine what happens if a super yacht hit it. 

Hi K88, if you were in a position to secure a GPS fix of this rock at the time, please send it (or a diagram) to the marina team on info@westhaven.co.nz or call 0800 MARINAS. If it's rock from the sea wall we may be able to move it - if it's sea bed that may be a different matter. 

Cheers

The marina team 

I did a search in crew.org and sure enough I am not the only one, looks like BOOBOO hit the uncharted rock in his post:

http://crew.org.nz/forum/index.php/topic/13149-uncharted-rocks-in-marina/?hl=westhaven&do=findComment&comment=167564

The post from BOOBOO:

"Posted 22 June 2016 - 11:00 PM

Westhaven has 2 of them near the breakwall of the eastern emtetence to. I have hit both of them in different boats. Never my own though."

I was lucky that I only just skimmed over it, and my Young 11 is only 2.2m draft (2 of us on board), as I said, it could do some damage to someone with deeper keel as you wont be expecting it, although it is bit like the hole in swiss cheese theory, you have to be there in dead low tide at the exactly spot.  This was coming into the marina and I was keeping to SB side. I will try to remember the location and draw a diagram.

So just be aware, although someone should chart it.

Here is a diagram of the 2 that I have hit. Note that this was a while ago and in boats with drafts around 2.4m, 4 years for the one inside the marina and at least 10 years for the one off the end of the wall.

Westhaven Rocks.jpg

Thanks for that.

and a note to anyone who uses  Admin bay  Motutapu.  Another boat has hit the rock in there a few weeks ago , at great expense. 

Someone elses screenshot from the last time that one came up here, as a wee reminder 

IMG_1097.png