dampier Bay Marina.

Guest shane

Inner harbour Lyttelton Port, the Dampier Bay Marina is corrupt. has anyone else experience Builly bad service? I was waiting for repairs on board the boat to be done before sailing to Picton. and got kicked out because they have had people come in and stay weeks doing repairs and waiting for good weather and they don't allow that anymore. Lots off free berths also.

it's unbelievable What they are doing. I found a spot in the Harbour on the .Closed Wharf to park up till Monday. then I have 3 swing moorings. i have been offered by good people I have met around here.too use. I will go on Monday onto one off them. have someone doing work on Thursday and Friday Aboard .

You will find they, like most marinas in NZ, require you to book a berth, usually in advance, and then pay for the use of it, likely in advance also, then leave or pay more once the days you have paid for run out. Also, some what following their rules while you are there will help.

Exactly erice. I doubt we are getting the full story here. I suspect it's a case of he expected to tie up for free and he certainly won't have insurance, so won't meet that requirement either, so they have told Shane to go and Shane thinks that is unfair. While I think many of us may agree that Marinas are getting a little over the top, it is what happens right around the Country and affects all pf us, so Shane has to realise there are few freebies in the Boating game.

I'm not sure of the welcome he will get by the marinas in Picton, he overstayed his welcome last time from what I gathered, then complained they wanted him to pay, then a few days later left. As you say Wheels and erice, he wouldnt have had insurance last time, how about this time Shane? Insurance? It is a requirement of entering a marina with your boat, up to several million dollars of liability cover too, in case you hit someone else's boat.

Shane- A berth up to 12m costs $30 / day short term, plus you must have insurance to the marinas satisfaction, no point showing up if you don't have those two things.

Thanks mate she's my baby. Now too all the people saying that I didn't pay I payed and picton i paid too so dont you say things you dont know about plese and what I said is the full story and true the only reason He said. And today Alan WasDown haveing a go again hes the one who said I could tie up too the barge. Now made me tie behind where I have been told there's rocks here from two people now. Alan said there's no rocks here and won't let me go anywhere else. He's been abusing me all day saying the same things.

Its unbelievable the way hes acting. and the way he is treating someone. I have a professional Rigga coming out tomorrow morniGg and need a good spot too park for them too get aboard where I am now is not suitable on an Closed boat Wharf. But hes not ever letting me go on the berth too do work.

What do you mean ?

Shane, while i admire your endeavors i think you will find the marine manager is not happy with you because of something you've done or said.

Now this might be a piss poor attitude on his part or your part. Who knows? but one thing you coukd do riht now to find out is to buy a six pack of beer and go up to him, shake his hand and say.

"I think i have doen something wrong. Can you help me understand what it is is that has upset you".

If he is a genuine guy he will explain his side of the story and you will learn alot.

If he doesn't then just aplogise, walk away, and let him have the bad karma.

• Upvote 1

Hi . Seems a twisted story that does not line up with reality Shane. You arrived and wanted a berth for a few days and were provided one. You later asked for longer and were told no because the berth was already booked by someone else. The manager kindly allowed you to stay on one of the barge and work boat berths. What more could you ask for? You have stated you have several moorings you can use. There is no safety issue in you going and using a mooring or anchoring while awaiting good weather for your trip to Picton. Your attitude in your posts will only cause a marin company to stop renting short term berths if it gets difficult.

There are no empty berths in the marina. If you are lucky someone may have a boat ashore or be away for a week allowing a short term use. The manager has been very good to you and you repay him with the rubbish you write here.

Shane, don't assume that a marina with berths that have no vessel in them means spare berths. If those berths are owned by someone, or, leased to someone, they can't just put another vessel into those berths as if the rightful owner or lessee returns to find it full, they will be more than a little unhappy. There are also other protocols which must be followed - I know that most marinas I have been into require significant public liability insurance cover for vessels, in case you run into one or a number of other vessels, or, if your vessel sinks or in some other manner causes a significant pollution problem, for example.

I also know that marinas reserve the right to deny any vessel access if they feel that it may be at risk of sinking/losing control/coming adrift etc. And remember that all those who keep their vessels in the marina will fully support this stance as they don't want to have their vessel damaged or "locked in" by a sunken wreck in one of the fairways!.

If you don't understand what the problem is, ask the marina management as NZL1 suggested. Otherwise, maybe contemplate why unusual things appear to happen to you and consider how you could minimize these things happening. Your posts often leave more questions than are answered.

I'm over this and will not be posting any more on this page. I don't need the stress with bad health and heart problems.I know what happened I was there. everyone can talk and believe what they what too. what I said was all true.

• Downvote 1