The B&G Simrad 100 Thread

A couple of pics.

I won't post one taken after these that shows a bright red headsail, the one photoed below, as it also shows our transom ;)

To be fair OL and Karma were about a boat length apart by the sparkplug, there was nothing in it. Don't know what happened but OL seems to have issues shortly after that. The sparkplug to the finishline was the 'drama zone' for many by the looks.

post-646-141887166069.jpg

post-646-141887166072.jpg

Awesome guys... Some good pics, looks like utter crap.

I love those races afterwards.... They are so shi# to race in but they are the ones you remember for years, especially the runs.....

So gutted I wasn't racing too..

I was somewhat surprised (but pleased) to see the RNZYS youth scheme boats out training today. Saw a few wicked wipeouts but reckon they would have had a few awesome rides. So if anyone is looking for crew it looks like RNZYS will be a good source for future B&G Simrad crews !

so how many rigs were broken in the simrad? because us YTP guys sure know how to do it after today...

Big thanks to the team at SSANZ for getting the race away in those conditions, It was up and down and supplied some good downhill rides, a few tip outs and keel showing moments, and a tough beat uphill to remind us why we sail!

Commiserations to those with damage. A few rigs down which is never nice to see. That was a stonking gust that rounded the "Purchanse" up, and dropped Zens mast, Luckily you guys were about 100m ahead of us so we could see it all unfold and knew it was coming big! We had a cordless angle grinder onboard and were trying to think of a way of safely transfering it as we went past but think we would have struggled to motor into it so we though it best left to coastguard...

We had an awesome downhill slide with the Frac "Storm" gennaker on, Thought it was a little smaller than that but turns out its still a magic 25 chute so got a bit of pull! Yehaww...Pity no-one pulled out the camera, would love a photo of that up off the boat!

Anyhow well done to all those that finished, Coming uphill in that much puff in an SR26 is no fun at all! Expecially when its relatively new to me (the boat) and unknown what sail is what...

Marshy - Mercenary...

squid you like that footage the vid really doesn't do justice to how windy it really was theres 3 vids from the weekend on robs page our tacking was a bit average not fun winding a keel around in thos conidtions was great fun until we got down to motuhie and then the grind started.

Watching those made me jealous indeed. Woking Sundays sucks big time. I get pissed when I hear people say we make our money easily.

However working on a cunning plan for this summer.

squid you like that footage the vid really doesn't do justice to how windy it really was theres 3 vids from the weekend on robs page our tacking was a bit average not fun winding a keel around in thos conidtions was great fun until we got down to motuhie and then the grind started.

We saw you and OL at the sparkplug and how close you were at the time. Yeap, you weren't what you'd call fast tackers, the pair of you :)

I believe OL winches and you block and tackle the keels, that correct?

Did love that loud tiny headsail. Just like a real one but made by Tonka Toys :) :) Actually that headsail was good, you had good camo paint in that weather, quite hard to see.

yea we both winch with a 6:1 on the keel is a bit different 2 handed though as fully crewed we dump the keel and have to wind about half a metre of rope 2 handed you centre it and then start the wind is slow and painful.

I love the videos and the pics. I was reading about the canters. I was struggling sheeting on the heady after each tack - I'm not sure I could have dealt with winding up a keel. Good job keeping it together in that last bit of the work.

If my calculations are correct (not always the way) Wild Blue have won Div 2 and there's a three way tie for second between Demonstrator, Gale Force and ourselves on Mr. R. Presumably there's a count-back and both Gale Force and Demonstrator won a race so we'll get bumped. Close in the end.

I'm back in Sydney now and Saturday seems like it was all a dream. That was an awesome day out - it was a good test and a lot of fun. That was fresh eh.

Well done to the good guys on Coppelia who took out the short-haul division (again!).

I put a report on our blog: http://www.mrrooseveltracing.com

See you turkeys in The Coastal!

yea we both winch with a 6:1 on the keel is a bit different 2 handed though as fully crewed we dump the keel and have to wind about half a metre of rope 2 handed you centre it and then start the wind is slow and painful.

Just think of those big bigs you must be building up Mr Hulk :lol: :lol:

Yeap, that would explain the knot quite lightening speed tacks.

Archived