Sundreamer's new ride

Looks great! Is that one of the Smith rebuilds?

I can remember often watching them race in Whangarei, are surprisingly quick, would always be mixing it with the E5.9 fleet which at that time included Zoot Allures and Hobo The Butcher.

No, the hull was built in the Ukraine in 2009 for the Russian that bought Waiwera Water etc. he only sailed it once and it has sat unused for years following a colourful exchange of "owners"

There was talk of producing more but the GFC would have put paid to that. At 160000euros plus GST you'd have to be keen.

http://www.dragonclass.co.nz/assets/Limited%20Edition%20Vintage%20Dragon.pdf

I'd love to do Mahurangi and/or the CYA regatta but that will have to wait until next year. We are still committed to finishing off the season on Sundreamer and I've got to prep her for sale. In between dashing off to Whitianga at every opportunity to enjoy the Dragon.

Awesome boat SD. They are beautiful to watch sailing. I was lucky to be part of a regatta in Germany 2 years ago, I forget the exact numbers now but there were about 140 boats, of which 100 odd would have been classics, about 30 Dragons, and as many of the 30m2 class also, which are similar but a little bigger. Was brilliant to be part of, hard to pay attention to you own boat with all that around you.

The fellow we stayed with towed his 30m2 for a round trip of over 3000kms to win the 2016 European championships in Sweden.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg