BEAU 770

my sympathy goes out to the facebook community.

One tosser suggested 'speeding' yet another suggests 'holding up traffic' even though there isn't any around apart from the guy using his phone to take photos  while driving.

The photo below the boat photo shows several lanes with lots of cars and trucks in each lane. Should they all be in the left lane ?

• Upvote 1

The photo below the boat photo shows several lanes with lots of cars and trucks in each lane. Should they all be in the left lane ?

Hard to say from the photo, but the road rule is stay left unless overtaking.

I can't see what the problem is. I drive that piece of motorway daily. Just before there it is two lanes, there are a number of on and off ramps on that section, so if you are towing or heading straight down the motorway it is far better for everyone to sit in the middle or outside lanes. Keeps the flow of traffic much more steady. Heavy vehicles here do the same, allows people to get on and off the motorway without causing issues. Merge like a zip and all that.

If the guy is doing the speed limit, I don't see what the problem is. Its all these guys that think they are a little special and the rules don't apply to them, wanting to go faster than the flow of traffic, that cause the problem.

If hes travelling the speed limit, that would be 90 and holding up traffic. The rode code says to stay left unless overtaking. If hes worried about onramp traffic, sure, stay in the middle. Not the right.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hey Clipper,

Not holding up traffic at all. 

Further down the road there are signs indicating to South bound traffic to use the two right hand lanes. The driver chose to do that earlier rather than later to avoid cutting across 3 or 4 lanes. 

He also chose that time of day to avoid heavy traffic. Quite safety conscious I would say. .

Check out the motorway on most days and you will notice all lanes including the right hand one  full and moving at the same speed. 

Beau over and out.