Windmark anchor winches

Any of us used the windmark range of anchor winches , seen on trademe , and an agent in town here , vertical and horizontal styles , prices ,, ok ,,, look ok and seem to be made from the right stuff , need feedback

been around for at least a couple of years as windmark

but don't seem many fitted yet

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f118/has-anyone-got-any-feedback-on-the-nz-windmark-vertical-windlass-154192.html

http://windlassnz.yolasite.com/

before that apparently were called Seastarnz

perhaps indian made?

http://www.exportersindia.com/seastarnz-products/products.htm

30 years ago had a bajaj super

a licence built, 1970's  indian vespa

never had any problems with it

Bajaj-Super-925000080-1083751-1.JPG

but smelt of cardamon

they know heavy machinery well in that part of the world

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab6QSVnugjg 

I always look at the add info for a view of a product. I have always found it works this way for most items. If you read the guys blog, he says a lot with without actually saying a lot. For instance , Highly polished SST. Yeah OK, so what? Keep going through the list and you soon realize it's just telling you nothing of much value. The same goes for his Website where you would expect a lot of technical specs. But there is nothing.
Now look at the gear boxes. They are a simple right angle box that we use in the engineering community for angle drives. Cheap and most certainly nothing Marine about them. If you look at the Winces like Nillson and Maxwell, they have well built specific to their design gear boxes. It gets scary the load put on a gearbox and it's shaft when it comes to winching. You could possibly get away with the box if it were purely a means of gearing. But these ones are used as part of the overall load bearing of the Gypsy. They are not designed for that. As a che3ap Winch, sure they probably work and will be OK. But seeing as the Poster is asking and not sure, I suspect he needs quality, even though the price hurts, like it does for most of us. If that is the case, steer clear of them. Go for quality. It's not a huge step up price wise to go a Maxwell or other recognised name brand.

Windmark winches. I spoke to the agent tonight. Not being a knocker , I came away from the conversation very impressed ,it's not the dollar as I don't care what it costs , it's a winch that fits the boat that what I want , first of all compared to the other models , these are smaller in dimension, less down in the locker , and small two turn capstan on the top is all you want , chain below , same weight as the maxwell who is bigger. Odd ,, the feature of using the capstan separate to the chain capstan is food for thought , hight is lower and others , and change out of $2000 bucks is a plus , but not the decider as yet Just another winch

Ok I have 80 mtrs of 15. Mill rode ,and 15. Mts of 8 mill chain , measured on Sunday , cleaned the locker up , as good as the day I built it 20 years ago so I could go 60 mtrs rode , and some more chain say 25 mtrs what you think , the chain stows small to the rope and if it heaped up for some silly reason would not amount to any problem in the locker being wide ,what you think