Yacht Grid - Westhaven

Zoom and look at top of mast... Funny shaped strings up there.

But anyway what a bum to happen.

And the other boat getting towed

And as soon as they tied up they handed over the paperwork for the skipper to sign... And probably a ya better join Coast guard.

What do they charge for a tow if you are not a member.

They were not pulling her off, they were pushing her on, and tying the boat back to the poles.  I could not work out what the Westhaven guys were actually trying to do with teh RIB, as there was no real breeze and the boat was not going anywhere.

It appeared to have had an (old) sheet holding it to the poles that had broken.  We walked past at the point the about when the RIB shot seems to have been taken and they were attaching some more lines.

Interestingly it appeared it had been having its bum cleaned, which the Marina says you can't do there.  I find that rather funny given how much grows and falls off the marina berths all the time! 

All I can think of is they were trying to get the topsides off the bottom to prevent further damage at the tide changeover.  Not sure how successful they would be and the loads would be quite high.

The rudder looks quite munted.