Coromandel Town - easy access?

There isn't one. You have to anchor well out in the harbour, near the rocks and moored boats, and dingy in. If short stay and high tide, go up the creek - in the dingy - channel marked with bouys. Otherwise go to the wharf. It's shallow, and mostly dries. It is worth it though :-)

I normally anchor in the light blue bit (I draw 1.8m) and dinghy in.  There is a well marked channel to follow in but be aware that it dries out and can become to shallow even for the dinghy so you need to watch your tides.  Also make sure everyone is wearing their life jackets to keep the HM happy.

There is an area just before the bridge that you can pull the dinghy up on and you are pretty well in the township.

As IT said, it's worth the trip on a good day.

Screenshot_2017-01-25-09-08-33.png

Done this many time very easy, we normally get as close as we can in the boat at half tide on the incoming then dingy up the creek from there.

It is very shallow in places but no big deal just make sure you have good footwear in case you have to walk the dingy on occasion, there is plenty of room to tie the dingy up. You then have 6 hours to get back to the boat which is more than enough.

A good supermarket and lots of nice cafes etc. also a really good seafood place with excellent smoked mussels.

It is very good holding in Mud, the rocks and moored boats IT was talking about are across the other side of the bay.

Make sure you check the local tide info as the tide heights can be quite different to the Auckland Datum thanks to the large water body of the Firth of Thames.

I've seen the navionics tide chart say the Coromandel harbour tide to be -0.3m when the Auckland tide tables were +0.2m so there are times when there is a lot less water than you expect.

I am thinking long bay.... and walk into town, weather looks settled for Saturday.... will see what its like when i get there , I draw 2.2m so inside is not really an answer..... also long bay looks an interesting place to visit, then head to te kuma for the overnight...    or out behind an island, swell dependant.   thanks for the advice guys

IT when I try to attach a picture the following happens:

Initially the Choose Picture button is there , I click that and select the file I want to upload as per usual and all looks like it is working, the file name etc shows but when I do the "Attach this File" clicky the Choose Picture clicky button and the file details all disappear and nothing happens. Same result when I try the advanced Flash 9 downloader.  

Using Safari 10.0.2

Any suggestions? The file size is well under the max 2MB.

Ha, we went to Coromandle with friends. We anchored a long way out. Dinghy'd in to the Town. Had a wonderful lunch, a great wander around and then back to the creek to motor back out. We got part way down the creek and met a couple of guys having a beer on their Boat. They laughed at us and said you might have a bit of a walk. We didn't realise how far the tide goes out. It took us 2hrs of walking through mud. Sometimes you could walk on top and then suddenly you would sink straight up to your knees. We made it back to the Boat and then found the Boat was on the bottom. Thankfully it is just mud and we slowly pushed our way through it. It was a great laugh and a good story, and have the experience now.

VB, I had a look at the rights on your account - I can see no differences between you and SD...

I think the issue must be local, but at this point I dont know what  it may be.Do you have another device to try? Just to see if it is a local device issue or your profile here.....