unseamanlike overtaking

I agree that the rules were breached initially. That is why the names were removed. I do not believe that the thread currently breaches the site rules (although the last couple of posts are boarder line) 

As MB pointed out - this is a PUBLIC forum. To say someone has no method of reply is simply not correct. Anyone is free to join and post, and/or can email me a response to be posted editor@crew.org.nz .

However, the names have been removed, and a he said/she said discussion will not be entertained - it serves no useful purpose.

IMO, as previously stated, is that this thread's only benefit is that it has made some more aware of their obligations under the RRS AND the Colregs than perhaps they previously were.  

• Upvote 1

Did you buy your high horse at the same place Kevin got his?

An alternative point of view doesn't constitute a high horse, unless of course you don't agree with the alternative view, eh?

It's been said before, differing points of view are good for this board, unless you want to just live in an echo chamber.

I was thinking about all of these things on Monday as we navigated my EGBE up the harbour, speeding up on the gusts and surfing the enormous wake made by various sea-plows passing within spitting distance - it was so busy and packed, it felt like threading a needle - no adherence to the rules anywhere as far as I could see.  

As we weren't racing, we were conscious of staying clear of the classics and other race boats (heaps of dinghy racing going on in the Rangi channel)  Great view of the classics as they came around Stanley Point buoy - we were about to tack away from 'a' racing classic but they tacked over saving us the hassle.

But then, we had collisions (not us) and much yelling about rules on Wednesday night so... 

Funny how the anti PC brigade suddenly get very PC indeed and dont just take offense, they damn well grab it with both hands!

No one want lawsuits and in the world of boating there are plenty of people who have the wherewithal and the smarts to protect their reputations.

Given that the naming issue had been worked through, and the thread had drifted off into lala land and was on its way to petering out; I'm curious to know what your point was in making post #68?

Funny how the anti PC brigade suddenly get very PC indeed 

Have a good weekend PC.

Whoah spooky! I think we hit the button within a millisecond there. In my case, PC refers to Harrytom's initials! Pretty sure in MB's case he meant something completely different!