Round North Island, 2 Handed ---2017

Yeh - I'm thinking they have an issue and are running to fix something.  I guess we'll know in the fullness of time.

with a really light southerly, cloud cover, and nw running tide, there wont be much apparent wind along the south coast

Yeh - I'm thinking they have an issue and are running to fix something. I guess we'll know in the fullness of time.

I thought that was possible too, seems unlikely now with Miss Scarlett heading the wrong way too.

Sorry Farina, obvious now I read your comment again, think you have the winning theory at the moment.

What will / can Blink do to avoid it?

Looks like Booboo and Damon lured div 2 in for a raft up with the promise of huge amounts of rum, then when they got close enough, grabbed all the wind and buggered off into the distance... tactical brilliance.

Waiting for them in Welly is getting painful

After getting up to check the tracker every two hours all night and now they are further away

Been for a look around the south coast this morning but can't see them as they have disappeared around the corner

Neil has it correct wind and current going the same way is giving them no apparent and the wind is really only in on the shore

They are running up the down escalator flat out going nowhere

But wait the westerly is on its way, they are trapped between two systems

Can someone do a zero to hero will be the big question now

15-18 knots S at the brothers but 4-6 ESE at tounge point,(inshore of karori rock) bugger.....

using the handbrake is difficult around there due to the cable protection zone as well,

pretty bloddy well based on the last hour's changes!

At my previous post Blick were 10nm back - now 3.5nm and coming in at 8kts.  RTII on the move again but only at 5kts.  The next few hours are gonna be great - where are the TNZ helicopters!

it just get more and more interesting. RTII and Scarlett are blasting into the harbour at 9kts while Blink just stopped dead.  At one point Scarlett was only 1/3 mile back - now opened out to about a mile.

SHould be across the line by the next update.