Round North Island, 2 Handed ---2017

No one commenting on the feature article on the success of SSANZ in the same magazine? I thought it gave big ups to SSANZ and their contribution to the yachting scene in NZ. Not bad for a publication with a required commercial focus.

image.jpeg

We did offer to help them with a story and they said they were writing a price on ssanz and the RNI and didnt need anything so we left it at that. SSANZ article was great but I must say the RNI feature could have been a lot more detailed. I am guessing it was a bit of a marketing thing. Other than answering a few questions I didn't have much to do with it.

We did offer to help them with a story and they said they were writing a price on ssanz and the RNI and didnt need anything so we left it at that. SSANZ article was great but I must say the RNI feature could have been a lot more detailed. I am guessing it was a bit of a marketing thing. Other than answering a few questions I didn't have much to do with it.

I wasn't having a dig at you Josh. Your coverage is always great and you guys were spectacular in the race. I just felt they could have done a little research on the RNI. All they would need are crew contact details from Jon, give them a call and ask for 200 words on their most memorable part of the race. Or even a phone call. The Gisborne reception was a story all by itself from what I heard!! Joe Yachtie likes to read this stuff. This race is about ordinary Kiwis pushing themselves fairly hard, and I for one, love to hear other people's stories!

I wasn't having a dig at you Josh. Your coverage is always great and you guys were spectacular in the race. I just felt they could have done a little research on the RNI. All they would need are crew contact details from Jon, give them a call and ask for 200 words on their most memorable part of the race. Or even a phone call. The Gisborne reception was a story all by itself from what I heard!! Joe Yachtie likes to read this stuff. This race is about ordinary Kiwis pushing themselves fairly hard, and I for one, love to hear other people's stories!

This is what the dark art of public relations is all about... if someone provided the publisher with professionally written copy, high quality photos and a good reason to publish it then there is a lot more chance of seeing it in print. Most media organisations don't have the time or the resources to generate all of their own content. If you can make it easy/compelling for them to print what you want then there is a much higher chance of it happening.

This is what the dark art of public relations is all about... if someone provided the publisher with professionally written copy, high quality photos and a good reason to publish it then there is a lot more chance of seeing it in print.

you missed the other element - coin!

Nice video of the Marshall's trip, must stitch all our random clips together at some stage.

Amazed seeing the amount of breeze you had at cape Turnagain we were pretty much becalmed a few miles south and carried our awesome patch of no wind all the way to Napier.

I was thinking the same about the amount of breeze they had around Turnagain, Wil, as I watched the fleet split into 2 distinct groups up the Wairarapa on YB tracker, unfortunately for you on Truxton!

Not sure if I ever put our RNI video up here. 

Its long- more of as documentary really but gives a good idea of the whole race and the conditions.

Id suggest you get on facebook then, if only for this event, if you can use a tracker then you can use facebook, simply like this 1 page and be done with it.

Coverage was fine, live starts, updates...

If you dont like that answer, then dont complain about sh*t coverage, cause it was all there....having yer head on the sand b/c you dont like social media or whatever is irrelevant. This is where it is heading, whether you like it or not.

Same for Transpac.

The SSANZ Facebook page is a public page. Therefore anyone can view without having to be a member of Facebook.

Just click on the link from the SSANZ website and you can view everything that is available.

I am not on Facebook and refuse to be, but can view all the updates from SSANZ.

Can anyone post a link to the mayday story?

I did try looking on facebook...

Wanted me to log in or sign up, but even then I can't find the content.