Marsden Cove Marina 2017 Route 66

Route 66.jpg

The Marsden Cove Marina Route 66 is Richmond Yacht Club’s ‘short’ coastal race – 66nm from Auckland to Marsden Cove, Whangarei. Organised in association with Onerahi YC, the race includes open keeler, multihull and the ‘Route 1′ singlehanded divisions. With a 9AM start you’ll finish Friday evening with time to join in the party at Marsden Cove Marina. It is a great introduction to coastal racing for new boats as the safety requirements are Cat 4+ and the fleet stays within the barrier islands.  Berthage is provided at Marsden Cove.  The marina can accommodate multihulls with ease!

Party, Breakfast, and Prizegiving?

The dock party after the race is always memorable, be sure to come up to join in the fun. Boats are encouraged to have a great time on arrival at Marsden Cove. OYC cooks up a fantastic breakfast starting at 7AM and the prizegiving follows soon after and all should be done by 9:30AM.

Party at Kawau Saturday Night?

After the success of the 2016 event, we are again planning a party for returning boats at Kawau Boating Club for Saturday night. Plan to sail to Bon Accord Harbour Saturday after the race and come up to the KBC for a good time that evening. Food, prizes, and a special menu for hungry sailors.

I'm considering doing the singlehanded division if it looks like the weather is going to allow for a reasonable solo effort. Haven't had much practice flying a kite solo so that could be interesting!

Anyone else going solo?

Awesome race. This year ill be missing it as too close to the birth of my second child. Terrible timing we have, first child born on coastal weekend, second child route 66.

Ken that is terrible timing. You'll be haunted by this for th rest of your life!!

Pulse is entered fully crewed. Well three aboard anyway! Always a great race. I've never done it faster than my Coastal time, and that's twice the distance! So let's hope for some favourable conditions this year.

Pulse R 66 2016.jpg

We're getting a lot of 'crew and car ride requests' - so we started a new forum for these:

http://crew.org.nz/forum/index.php/topic/14192-2017-route-66-crew-and-car-rides/

Registration is ramping up - race is March 3rd, early registration closes THIS FRIDAY - with late registrations accepted up to next Weds. Fully crewed, multihull, and SOLO divisions, every finisher gets a bottle of RUM and there's a party on both nights (oh, and a cat 4+ coastal race with your mates...)!

Details for the race will be kept up to date at: http://richmondyc.org.nz/racing/info/route66-coastal-race/

R66-WebBanner-1000.jpg

Tony - try posting to the crew and rides forum...

http://crew.org.nz/forum/index.php/topic/14192-2017-route-66-crew-and-car-rides/

Elevation will be racing fully crewed.

Is there any of the single handed racers wanting a car taken back to Auckland that the delivery crew are bringing up.

If so please ring me.

Cheers Tony