Auckland to Tauranga

Who else is planning on doing the A2T in shorthanded div? I am all locked in and don't want to be lonely.

Also planning to be back in time for the SSANZ 150 the following weekend!

I have sent a entry form and NOR to SSANZ (Andrew Mc) who will distribute it to make it easy for people to enter.

If there are 5 or more boats we will make a separate division, the trophy is amazing for this classification.

The shorthanded division is still eligible for the A and B Divisional prizes and trophies, as well.

Here is the club website link http://www.yacht.org.nz/auckland_tauranga_race

Sorry to say that the 'Superbird' won't be making the start after the skipper came off second best after a railway sleeper rolled down  his shin.

Unfortunately requiring surgery and wont have recovered in time.

JP and I are gutted we wont be at the start line and wish all the entries a great race . Boo Hoo

10am, 8 April, should I have commented sooner?

Interesting Metservice marine still calling the worst of the cyclone to miss us.

Suspect whilst it's a minority they may be right but I'd probably delay the start by 24 hours anyway.  Have to say Thursday evening looks as ugly as hell currently on the global models.

Ok, I changed my mind - Friday morning is a much better idea - this risk of the centre moving by 20 miles is high. yuk. 60+ knts off the Merc's is not worth the story you could tell after.....