there was an almost new pogo 30 next to us at westhaven for the coastal classic . Two chaps at whitianga got it built and they raved about it no end . very cool boat and it drew a good crowd of well heeled old fellas from around the marina for the two days it was there ,

the quality of the gear was top shelf and the systems were very clever , bloody big boat for 30ft too plenty of free board and massive beam

Yes, Puff brought that to our collective attentions a few pages back (I think). The 30 is certainly a cool boat, and indeed quite large for a 30 footer. I watched one being short tacked out of the Odet river in France near the yard a couple years ago - pointing like 6 fingered yokel at a ufo.

How’d it do in the coastal? I’ve heard a few rumours that for all their coolness and sailing ability they haven’t really featured on the podiums - possibly due to their massive draft and subsequent handicap.

Ack about electric drive, my thoughts are around a hybrid system with a Diesel genset with enough ooph. But from my early stage RnD they're heavier than the Volvo it'd replace. Maybe the total weight of electric sail drive, genset, and lithium is roughly the equivalent of the Volvo with standard batteries. Plenty of time ahead to produce a spreadsheet about that. :D

Well the 36 is kind of holding on, a few tactical decisions poss could’ve been made better, but the real performer has to be the 30! Currently 15 nm ahead of the 36, possibly the smallest boat in the fleet and doing very well!

The broker's site is silent on the location, and is asking $255,000 Euro.

None of the photos are NZ, but some look to be Pacific / Tahiti area. Being French, its highly likely to be around there.

I'd take a punt its not in NZ, but somewhere 'nearby', i.e. Pacific.

I see its the swing keel model, which I really rate. There is a lot about this boat that gets me excited. Unfortunately the price kills it for me straight away. Will have to stick to me 35 yr old kauri log.

Edit - the sail number starts with 'IVB', never heard of it, anyone know where that is?

The boat is registered in Road Harbour, British Virgin Islands, so I'm assuming IVB is the sail number for there.

Doesn't really help with where the boat is now. Makes it sounds likes it's domiciled somewhere handy for tax though...

I see its the swing keel model, which I really rate. There is a lot about this boat that gets me excited. Unfortunately the price kills it for me straight away. Will have to stick to me 35 yr old kauri log.

Yeah, I'm not even sure why I was asking if it was here or not given I've barely got a brass razoo to my name and my boat has a growing list of things that need doing...

I like my similar aged Kauri log but immediately get excited when I see a pogo.