I'm protesting 2 of those boats for not complying with the ISAF Safety Regs.

To many stripes can look too busy. K I S S

Considering there aren't any ISAF safety regs, good luck with your protest.

A bit of a google suggests the pogo doesn’t really suit straight white imo. It looks like a different boat. Dark metallic grey would be my choice and it looks more solid/substantial without a stripe

I like the extra blue stripe.

Are there any options other than grey?

Interesting regarding the stripe. The 36 has a lot less white space than either the 12.50 (with the blue stripe) or 30 (red gennaker).  So much so that apparently if you put a waterline stripe on the 36, it doesn't look good. The yard discovered this with the first boat - I know because I asked about the stripe.  

Also, the orange anti-foul is not very good in terms of fouling. It will take more work to keep the orange bits clean) apparently ok in Greece where the sea is all but dead, but not terribly effective in the Atlantic. 

Standard anchor has been upped by the yard to 14kg FOB instead of 12kg, and standard windlass changed to Lewmar 700watt. 9" Zeus3 ordered + LiFe. Weight saved going to LiFe was instantly lost by adding 30L/h watermaker and diesel heater (Eberspächer D4).

gallery_123_40_410291.png

Coastguard coastguard.. just lodging a TR... heading from the port winch to the starboard winch... ETA about lunchtime... over

:thumbup:  :wave:  :thumbup:

Was thinking it looked like a 50 footer in that top photo.

Infusion process looks complex.

Flat as, bro.

Unrelated, I've been for a dinghy tiki tour around your side of the inlet this morning , even found the mystical and much hidden 'public'ramp and wharf from the sea.

Yeah, that boat ramp is a bit of a mystery, alright. Apparently there's "money allocated" in the council budget to finally push a public land access through to it, but it faces some pretty stiff opposition. I'm not holding my breath - the environmental impact of making a road access and carpark will be massive. The locals simply know each other and use each other's private ramps...

Ramp and wharf are pretty nice though, but there's bugger all water in there at anything other than a spring high, and on the landward side of the floating dock there are two serious concrete mooring blocks that poke up and bite boats. Hopefully the ramp is wide enough to haul out that fat arse lady above on a cradle and drag her the 400m home for maintenance. Will require mast stepping/unstepping, though.

Sorry for the hijack but are you saying that that 'public' ramp and wharf /jetty has no public land access? The drive across the grass looks like it's queens chain . It actually looked like a reserve to me.

Yeah the reserve looking piece of land is in fact all Queen's chain, or rather a surveyed waterfront road. It's very nice. But the drive runs over private land for about 15m right at the end before it goes through the stone gateway. 

Local rumour has it that when the piece of land was developed, one of the consent conditions was that a public boat ramp and floating wharf was built. Unfortunately it apparently wasn't stipulated that access to the ramp had to be organised. These are the local rumours.

The Queen's chain/surveyed road reserve actually runs back to the road on the northern side of the houses there, but it's quite a tricky bit of land and not easily amenable to developing a road access for the public - hence my proclamation that doing so would cause quite some environmental upheaval. 

The locals from a little further out (i.e. those who don't just use their neighbour's ramp) have taken to driving over the corner section there and launching their boats. Occasionally, someone (he owner?) hangs a rope or chain across the gateway.

That nice grassy park below is private in the foreground and public at the back where you can see the vehicle tracks...

Lovely spot, though.

gallery_123_40_2460553.jpg

yep, looks like a public reserve, and a lot of it is. Boundries in red, probably within 1-2m of actual. Quite a lot of private landscaping appears to have taken place on the public reserve there as well...

gallery_123_40_301519.png

When I was looking for property up there, that grassy section at the bottom was apparently for sale. 500k. Called the agent but there was something fishy about it. I got vague answers about the plot, and who and how many owned it and if it was or was not for sale - again, local rumours suggested there were "issues".

I thought there was a public landing/ramp at Quinces Landing, but can't find reference to it anywhere.

Quinces landing is basically a spot where the mangroves reach the road. There's a small public area, but no ramp so to speak of.

gallery_123_40_1432427.png

Nothing wrong with people taking ownership of the queens chain in a conservation or maintenance kind of way ,eh. I haven't looked further into it except noting the corner section does not have a street number and the others do, interesting the little amphitheatre/ tennis court? area made from stone walls/terrace. That also lead me to think it was a public space.

I think the land was originally developed as a single plot, then split up and sold as three. The tennis court more or less got split in two during that process...

Friday's updates :) - she looks far more modest with the bulkheads in.

gallery_123_40_400352.pnggallery_123_40_238139.png