they ah....

like to be paid for their time

and 'talk' in private

so once a week i schedule a 'meeting' with BP's economic consultant 

and write it off as a taxable expense

actually that's under strict orders from mistress mindy

so i don't have much choice in the matter

hqdefault.jpg

40 years ago i was able to gauge the state of the Aussie economy months ahead of any economist by talking to the hookers working around kings cross.they knew when cash was starting to dry up.

40 years ago the Vietnam war ended so the USA troops R&R stopped in the Cross and I did my last S2H. ;-)

Back on the Marina thing. Some are being offered very cheep , I herd a guy just rented one for $350 a month and a friend who arrived up here a week ago , has 10.6 for $420 month so things are slipping back almost to reality ,again

G h is the dearest in the country

Anecdotally I have heard  that berths at some Marinas have  shot up in value. I was looking at a 12m boat at GH recently . The broker said the owner was keen to move it so he could sell the berth which had suddenly increased in value to 120K. Also I heard that PH charges had gone up quite a bit. 

You would be a fool to be coned into paying the over inflated prices ,there is so many empty

100% agree - never seen so many on my trademe as I have at the moment. 

The prices being asked by Marinas diretly, are quite idiotic and these marina managers are going to get a rude awakening when their berths stay empty.

Anyone that pays in the vicinity of $770 odd direct to a marina for a 10-12 metre berth has rocks in their head.  You can find some private owners willing to rent at $200 odd less per month than marinas are asking for if you are prepared to shop around.

This http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/boats-marine/marina-berths/auction-1362068426.htm

versus this http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/boats-marine/marina-berths/auction-1346764380.htm

is what I am getting at. Sure they are different marinas, but $130 a month savings is nothing to be sneezed at.

There will be more examples if a trainspotter feels like doing some research.

Have the annual ownership fees at Bayswater just gone up?  I'm sure a 12m berth was $4500'ish a year ago and now it's $5500.

I'm on a 12m berth at BW, the guy we bought our boat off was paying $600/month, I said to the owner I would pay $450 max or leave, he dropped his price.  

Be aware there is a push on to get marinas off leases and other similar such contracts. The powers that be want everyone renting.

There are less and less marina operators these days with many places now either monopolies or like Auckland pretty much a duopoly. They have all also realised they have huge power if they work together to remove our options. Hence the recent raft of cost increases and dumbarse regulations.

I think you are on the money there, PH was sold to Empire Capital Group  in 2015 they are developers and I understand they may own more than one Marina. PH has benefitted from the Marina Village development and the rapidly expanding surrounding suburbs, the Ferry service helps too. Building new marinas or expanding existing ones is nigh on impossible with the RMA which in its infancy killed plans to expand PH, dry stack here we come.

Be aware there is a push on to get marinas off leases and other similar such contracts. The powers that be want everyone renting.

There are less and less marina operators these days with many places now either monopolies or like Auckland pretty much a duopoly. They have all also realised they have huge power if they work together to remove our options. Hence the recent raft of cost increases and dumbarse regulations.

Well, they better get used to have empty berths then.

And, I think we have talked about this before, but as far as I am aware, colluding togehter to do price fixing is against the law.  I'd like to see these pr*cks go down the gurgler if someone with the legal clout would take them on.

• Upvote 1

Have the annual ownership fees at Bayswater just gone up?  I'm sure a 12m berth was $4500'ish a year ago and now it's $5500.

I'm on a 12m berth at BW, the guy we bought our boat off was paying $600/month, I said to the owner I would pay $450 max or leave, he dropped his price.  

That's the way! Well done you sir.