Cat 3 -securing washboards/hatch

Just getting a newly acquired Ross 930 ready for Cat 3 and was wondering how the securing of washboards and hatch bit is checked off, any easy tricks for doing this.

Currently the washboards are a 3 piece set-up and simply slide in.

Any quick easy ideas?

Low down cleat or tube / jammer thing on the inside and another on the outside low down- length of cord goes from one cleat over wash boards and down to the other cleat- can be opened from inside and out and is adjustable for 1 to 3 boards

To secure the washboards I have a small hole in top washboard with a cord passed through and knotted outside. Line then just stretches over a little hook inside that can be reached from either inside or outside when the top hatch is open. 

To secure the top sliding hatch, there is an inexpensive special purpose clasp fitting that can be operated from inside or outside that is sold by marine stores, in either plastic if you are weight obsessive, or metal. My cat 3 inspector a few years ago had never seen this fitting and thought it was pretty neat. 

Mine is a bit different.

Both washboards are attached with short lines and small carabiner type clips, on the inside. The lower one has barrel bolts to fix it into the companion way sides if required. The top one locks into the hatch slide with a commercial deadlock, able to be operated from either side.

To secure the washboards I have a small hole in top washboard with a cord passed through and knotted outside. Line then just stretches over a little hook inside that can be reached from either inside or outside when the top hatch is open.

To secure the top sliding hatch, there is an inexpensive special purpose clasp fitting that can be operated from inside or outside that is sold by marine stores, in either plastic if you are weight obsessive, or metal. My cat 3 inspector a few years ago had never seen this fitting and thought it was pretty neat.