Wests 610/Six10 - Anywhere in NZ/Alternatives

Has anyone come across any West's Six10 for sale in NZ? I've got a few small jobs to do and breaking out the 105 and pumps is messy and wasteful, Six10 and the "resin/hardener packets" would make small jobs much easier for me.

I was hoping to avoid mixing systems on the boat but if I have to I have to, If anyone knows of similar products let me know :)

Cheers

I use small, cheap, plastic soap dispensers for my easy to bring epoxy repair kit. The local (Swedish) epoxy brand I use have a 2:1 volume ratio so 2 pushes on the resin pump for every time I push down the hardener pump. The result is a tablespoon's worth of epoxy.

/Martin

• Upvote 1

Otherwise, a couple of graduated plastic syringes are perfect for accurately drawing up small quantities of resin and hardener. The best sort are catheter syringes which are 60ml capacity and have a long tapered spout on the end. Normally used for squirting warm water up your Willie but ideal for drawing up resin. Get a few from St.John or your GP.

I've used a set of digital kitchen scales (just like the drug dealer ones, but for baking cake) and some disposable plastic cups. Just measure by weight the amount I need.

Works well in the 20 g to 40 g range for little jobs.

Saves priming the soap dispensers.

$2 shops have all manner of small cheap as throw away mixing containers. KFC spoons make great coving tools....but you do need to eat a lot of spud n gravy or coldslaw if you are doing a  big job :).

Hey KM, Ive found a great small diameter coving tool is knob end part on a motorbike brake lever, the spherical shape lets you cove around a right angle corner in one clean swoop.  Cheap as from the wreckers in Barry Pt rd. 

IMG_0044.jpg