Namsang

What a beauty the Namsang was.

Stolen from NZ owner by an American ex owner/ scuzzball and lost in a river.

I remember she had a solid stainless steel sliding forward hatch that also included the anchor capstan.

I may be wrong but she was originally a ketch rig and then converted to a sloop rig which made the old girl creak and groan.

Solid burmese teak hull real old school build.

wz4NLpV.jpg

Yes she was owner by a stainless steel magnate who lined the bow with stainless wich was the galley and fridges you could walk into , rick brown owned her here and lost her to richard Johnson an scum bag ... one of our yacht brokers was screwed over as well and led along with the deal and off went namsang , an the Sacramento bridge has the last story how bazaar , very nice boat Well built but getting old and nobody to care for her with money , I went abroad her many times in Auckland ,I New a bloke who was staying on her

Yes the kamado stuf is interesting , I have herd a rumour namsang was lifted and being fixed , still working on it , love to se some person of honourable means take a project like this he would end up with a top boat

I sailed on Nam Sang from  Honolulu to Bora Bora and onto Auckland via many other islands in 1965 & 66. We did the bay of islands race and were dis-masted near the end of the race. I stayed in Auckland for a few more months until flying to the Bahamas , where I worked for Bob Johnson who was building the Windward Passage , which I raced on for a couple of years.