Raincatcher

We glued down quarter round strips on the cabin top to lead water to a 25 mm hose that went to our tanks , it was a cat so a big area plus a lot came off the mainsail and mast. In 18 months live aboard in Queensland we never ran out of water. You could rig up a reversed boom tent under the boom but wind is likely to be a problem.

• Upvote 1

I have two systems. One is the bimini catches rain, two split garden hoses are sewed to the edges of the bimini as gutters. Works pretty well.

The other is a pvc water catcher that we use at anchor, it has a collection point in the centre with a hose attached. It works as well, but not so convenient as it needs to be set up, and can only be used at anchor.

• Upvote 1

Excellent thanks. 

I have a pattern for a catcher that'll fit our boat on the foredeck, but like yours IT it will only be useful at anchor.  The catcher I traced the pattern from seemed to be made of white PVC.  Do you know if there are any types of PVC to avoid?  Obviously I don't want to taint the water.

I put it on just after a rain squall in Indonesia, out of 15mm split garden hose, sewed on with a sew-it-awl . It’s not pretty, but it does work well... version 2 will be more “cosmetically pleasing “ :-)